• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axis Gaming - WCM 2008 Results

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
All I get when clicking fulll results is just a list of competitors. When I try looking at their performance and ranking, it just loops back to itself.

Good job to everyone!

EDIT: Wow, I fail at scrolling down...all I needed to find the results. -_-. The bracket is not showing, though.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i feel bad for that falco if he doesnt live in socal. travel all that way, win a ton of matches ****** people, only to miss out on the money by 1 placement, getting camped hardcore by metaknight

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
1st: DSF - MK/Snake
2nd: Futile - Pikachu
3rd: Plank - MK
4th: SK92 - Melee Falco
5th: Aero - DDD
6th: TC1 - Diddy
7th: Three Inch -Snake
8th: Shadow Rob - ROBert
9th: Sean - MK
10th: Nanerz - Diddy
11th: Lucien - Fox/Wolf
12th: Germ - Wolf

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Greg

I got 9th at Evo World, where top 8 got money and first got 5000 dollars

and I got 4th at MLG Vegas, where top 3 get money, and it was 10,000 for 1st, 5000 2nd and 3000 3rd.

-.-

edress - he used snake vs plank, an obviously important match since it was near the end of the tourney. if one gets points the other should too. same w/ me when i use both mk and ddd (I use both in tourney often, I find myself DDDing a lot near the end of tourneys)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Greg

I got 9th at Evo World, where top 8 got money and first got 5000 dollars

and I got 4th at MLG Vegas, where top 3 get money, and it was 10,000 for 1st, 5000 2nd and 3000 3rd.

-.-

edress - he used snake vs plank, an obviously important match since it was near the end of the tourney. if one gets points the other should too. same w/ me when i use both mk and ddd (I use both in tourney often, I find myself DDDing a lot near the end of tourneys)
you also get 1st at virtually everything else youve ever entered, no sympathy. :)

and yea DSF used snake in one of the only matches he played that actually mattered, plank was one of like maybe 3 people who could beat him in the whole tourney. id put money on plank in MK dittos but DSFs snake put a nasty hurting on him. the live feed was nothing but explosions everywhere lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i hope everyone knows it was a joke, but futile is wario. idk if he played pika in other sets, but he did use him in grand finals

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol sk92, plank is one of the only people who resorts to such tactics, and very few people on the EC appreciate what he does. plank is a cool guy but as far as in-game goes i ****ing hate him, who is that desperate to win? seriously

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
lol sk92, plank is one of the only people who resorts to such tactics, and very few people on the EC appreciate what he does. plank is a cool guy but as far as in-game goes i ****ing hate him, who is that desperate to win? seriously
When you can win money by playing a more defensive, fewer-mistakes-within-your-skill-range style, why not adhere to it if it has a strong history( in this particular game) of working and it intuitively seems the smartest to you?

What SMART player plays to show off technical prowess over simply to win?

Stealing communicative ideas from Serlin--last time I checked, they were handing out prize money and trophy to winners, not the most skilled.

If I recall correctly, he also makes-less-of the idea that the most technically skilled player deserves to win more, and that playing far differently from that is "cheap".

He properly refers to that mindset as a "prison".

Of course, as most already know, this isn't too much of a competitive fighting game, and is a slower-paced, defensively-based strategy game which happens to have many fighter elements in it. Thus, camping--the pinnacle defensive strategy-- is inherently smart.

How is it desperate? Even if it is, who gives a crap?

Why is camping such a bad thing? Heck, I wish I had the self-discipline to do it more!

Hate the game mechanics/ creators, and not the playing style. ;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i came to this thread to read shout outs that people wrote to other people and I'm horribly horribly disappointed.

*sigh*

shoulda known though... this IS the 'brawl' community after all. lol

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol @ everytime someone mentions "sirlin" or whatever the **** his name is when defending plank's homoness. i could give a **** less about his theories on competitive gaming. yes, the winner advances in the bracket, but there is a reason you feel cheated when plank ledgecamps you for an entire match.

plank isn't "disciplined". actually he does something that takes little to no practice or intelligence, and it's ****ing lame, even if he "plays to win". i play to win, but something about giving my opponent virtually no chance because they play an extremely weak off-the-edge character by staying on the edge the entire time seems unfair to me, so i don't do it.

i highly doubt the game creators ever had the intention of someone being able to hang on the ledge for the entirety of the match and be virtually untouchable against some characters. so no, i'm not going to hate the game creators, i'm going to hate the people who are lame enough to actually use these tactics.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you also get 1st at virtually everything else youve ever entered, no sympathy. :)
ummm okay, i got 1st at many small events cuz I deserve it cuz I'm good at the game, but whenever the money was BIG I got screwed. Evo world ALONE was already more than I won in Brawl this entire year combined.

edit - my ledge camping is MUCH better than planks, i just dont use it

i say ledge camping should be banned if you're on there for more than 5 or 10 seconds at a time, you have to touch the ground stage or be off the edge at least. Otherwise, I'm tempted to use it too, just so I have an equal playing ground as plank does (and so I don't have to deal w/ Falco trying to CG me the whole time), but it's so stupid that if it's not like a huge tourney like MLG where a LOT of money is on the line then I don't really wanna do it. It's extremely tempting seeing how easy it is though -.-

Wife

Smash Lord
yay plank! does this mean we're going to Kansas?

ps. lol @ m2k living in Cinnaminson.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i say ledge camping should be banned if you're on there for more than 5 or 10 seconds at a time, you have to touch the ground stage or be off the edge at least.
Then ledgecampers will do it for 4 or 9 seconds at a time. It's pointless to do that.

chillindude829 said:
i highly doubt the game creators ever had the intention of [stuff]
Do you realize Sakurai put tripping into the game? I highly doubt that ***got cares at ALL about skill being rewarded.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
lol @ everytime someone mentions "sirlin" or whatever the **** his name is when defending plank's homoness. i could give a **** less about his theories on competitive gaming. yes, the winner advances in the bracket, but there is a reason you feel cheated when plank ledgecamps you for an entire match.

plank isn't "disciplined". actually he does something that takes little to no practice or intelligence, and it's ****ing lame, even if he "plays to win". i play to win, but something about giving my opponent virtually no chance because they play an extremely weak off-the-edge character by staying on the edge the entire time seems unfair to me, so i don't do it.

i highly doubt the game creators ever had the intention of someone being able to hang on the ledge for the entirety of the match and be virtually untouchable against some characters. so no, i'm not going to hate the game creators, i'm going to hate the people who are lame enough to actually use these tactics.
Is it unfair? I personally don't know. It isn't banned yet, and is, therefore, a playable strategy.

Where I'm going is--you can do it as well. As boring or, perhaps, "lame" as it might seem, you've seen first-hand what it does to opponents facing it. With that being the case, the criticism of your beliefs will always be " why not just do it yourself?"--in which case what they're implying is obviously correct.

I find this a similar argument to using certain characters: some are MUCH better than others, and are, in some situations, cheap, though not unusable. If you think that playingstyle is cheap it seems irrational for you to also not find using MK non-stop cheap.

Besides, "lameness" isn't important enough to make me not play to win as much as heavy-camping does; am I supposed to think any sensible person thinks otherwise, much less Plank?

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
yeah its gay, but plank still got ***** by dsf (who does not play gay at all) so how gay could it really be?

and he lost to a semi random (but my new hero) fly amanita by just having ONE move that could disrupt planks ONE tactic. (ice climbers down b).

so can you just pick a character like game and watch or something and just back air is tornado or something?

maybe if plank would of won the tournament i would see it as a problem, otherwise its just anothe rgay camper which there were plenty of in melee so who cares.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yeah its gay, but plank still got ***** by dsf (who does not play gay at all) so how gay could it really be?
no he played pretty gay, it wasnt as painfully obvious as planks gay but you could tell his strategy was to hang around on the platforms and use explosives. hes a great player who plays to win, theres nothing wrong with that, but there wasnt much approach on either side, just baiting.

Top Bottom