• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sylux

:034:

Smash Hero
Sylux would kick some serious ***. My only Metroid hopeful next to Ridley.

But really, I doubt it. Samus + Zero Suit Samus + most likely Ridley is three reps. Yes, ZSS counts as one rep because she has a seperate page on the Dojo. Though, if Ridley for some godforsaken reason doesn't make it, Sylux will make it. For now, he's at least an AT though.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
But really, I doubt it. Samus + Zero Suit Samus + most likely Ridley is three reps. Yes, ZSS counts as one rep because she has a seperate page on the Dojo.though.
I am inclined to disagree with that statement. The only reason I believe she is showcased on a separate page is that that form has never been seen before, but in essence she is like Zelda and Sheik... However, Sheik also has his/her/whatever's own page, but my personal opinion on that is that they just wanted to keep her a mystery, and since people would likely want to see her but not check Dojo consistently would see Sheik in the roster and be all like "WAAAHH!!!".

Anyway, I'm just saying that the Dojo is somewhat inconsistent with what is being represented as individual characters. Main cause of my flusterment: The pokemon trainer. Three pokemon in one character slot, being controlled by another character entirely, but only one page on the Dojo. The exact same methods for shifting characters as Zelda/Sheik, but no separate pages.

Bottom line: Inconsistency. =/

:034:

Smash Hero
True, but we don't really know what Sakurai believes either. I'm inclined to believe he thinks of the Pokémon Trainer as one rep, since that's the name of the character. The three Pokémon need to work together (although this is debateable since Stamina apparently isn't noticed) and are therefore one rep. While Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS aren't dependant of each other, therefore seperate reps.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Um.. wasn't Sylux in MP Corruption too?
Not really, Dub. There are spoilers involved, but it relates to the 100% ending. Hardly conclusive though. You don't even see Sylux or his ship, its all speculation based on that ending... Or at least thats what has been hammered into my brain. I haven't beaten Corruption yet.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really a Metroid fan, but after reading this thread I think this Sylux guy would be a much more awesome character than Ridley.

Machete

Smash Ace
Though, if Ridley for some godforsaken reason doesn't make it, Sylux will make it..
Obviously, not. If Ridley doesn't make it, Samus will be the only Metroid rep.
IF Ridley is in, then Dark Samus has a few chances.

Sylux won't be in this game as a playable character. Sticker, or even trophy if he's lucky. He has some chances as an AT, though.

But that's it. No one could outprioritize Ridley, so if he's out, Samus is alone again.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Obviously, not. If Ridley doesn't make it, Samus will be the only Metroid rep.
IF Ridley is in, then Dark Samus has a few chances.

Sylux won't be in this game as a playable character. Sticker, or even trophy if he's lucky. He has some chances as an AT, though.

But that's it. No one could outprioritize Ridley, so if he's out, Samus is alone again.
That doesnt make any sense, sakurai SAID he wanted to better rep metroid, and if ridley doesnt make it playable, and ends up a boss or anything (god forbid), were bound to get another character at least, dark samus and sylux are probable, dark samus being the main enemy of the prime saga,and sylux is actually on the poll, so thats something...

Machete

Smash Ace
That doesnt make any sense, sakurai SAID he wanted to better rep metroid, and if ridley doesnt make it playable, and ends up a boss or anything (god forbid), were bound to get another character at least, dark samus and sylux are probable, dark samus being the main enemy of the prime saga,and sylux is actually on the poll, so thats something...
If Sakurai wants to represent the Metroid series, Ridley will be playable, because he's the most important character after Samus herself.

The main antagonist of the series outprioritizes (by far) a filler character from a spin-off game. That's why Bowser is playable and Waluigi isn't. If Ridley is not in the game for X motive, Samus would be, again, alone,

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wrong, from all the Hunters Sylux is the most important since it's almost assured he will be either the main villain or a villain in the next Metroid Prime-like Game, however, that game wonth come out in the next 2 years.

So unless Ridley is a boss, Dark Samus a PC and Sakurai decides to addd Sylux, it's not gonna happen.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
When I think of the rival hunters from MPH, Sylux generally is the first one I think of, mainly because he is so annoying and gets his ship to go after you during the first encounter. The only other encounter that stood out in my mind as being that unique was the fact when you first find the ice guy and the sniper guy, they are having their own little standoff before the one breaks away to go after you, and on your way out the second one tries to mop you up.

On the topic of Sylux being in future Metroid games, I don't see the evidence to that statement as very conclusive, unless there is some sort of press release I am unaware of. But does that mean I DON'T want him to be in future games? Hardly, in fact I encourage his return. Then maybe he'd get in the next Smash game if he gets stiffed from this one, which is likely.

Shuma

Smash Hero
He appears in the ending of Metroid Prime 3, well, his ship does, the Delano 7. At leas i think that's the name of the ship.

And since at the ending of the other Metroid Prime games you always see the villain of the next game...

Top Bottom