• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Diddy Community General Guide - U-Air Discussion

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The NEW General Diddy Guide

Moveset Discussion

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-= U-Air =-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Discuss Diddy's U-Air and its place in competitive play.

Things to discuss:

1) Rate the move from 1 to 5 in terms of overall usefulness.
2) Discuss any combos that utilize this move (these can be MU specific).
3) Discuss when is the appropriate time to use the move.
4) Share any tips or tricks you know regarding the move.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. 4/5

-dash attack>uair
-utilt>uair

3. This move is very fast as far as start up (comes out on frame 3). It's great for getting out of combos and pretty decent kill power.

4. Like I said, uair is very fast start and get out of combos easily especially multi hit moves. Most multi hit jabs you can SDI up and uair them out of it, falco's jab is VERY easy to do it on. Peach's dair works a bit also, sometimes if you're lucky it will work on MK's nado.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
1.) 4.5
2.) utilt > uair
3.) Great surprise KO move to unsuspecting opponents in the air.
4.) I always keep this move for someone trying to fall down to the stage. Not a great option if you just want to juggle someone in my opinion. It has much better purposes when fresh. When going for a KO I go about this one of two ways. 1) either Nair>Uiar (they'll likely dodge the Nair and the Uiar will punish them for a KO at relatively high percentages) 2) wait until they are in sight to use your first jump causing them to air dodge, then second jump into an immediate Uair (basically hold off on the second jump uiar. Best thing to remember is be very inconspicuous with this, but don't be afraid to use it. Also know your hit box for this move.

Top Bottom