• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for perfect pivoting

Riyoxas

Smash Rookie
I've seen My Smash Corner's video on perfect pivoting. I have a tough time perfect pivoting because there will be times where I can do it in one direction but not the other and there will also be times where i can't do it at all. Am I doing something wrong? To my understanding, the input is a dash -> flick the control stick in the opposite direction(1 frame to get the stick into neutral position i think). I believe that it is useful for fox because it just makes his punish game more better. It's not required to be a good fox but I want to implement this into my game. Thanks in advance!

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
First of all, what's your dominant hand?

If you're right handed, you're going to naturally be a bit slower on pivots and dash dances. But that's fine, since you can still preform the perfect pivot.

Go to training mode, and set the time to 2/3. Now you'll have several frames more to preform the PP.

If you play any other characters, know that the timing for each perfect pivot is going to be slightly more strict than Fox. I suggest taking a character with an awkward dash like :4luigi:, and practicing pivots on him, then start to preform it on :4fox:.

There are a few special control schemes if after about a week you still have trouble. Bidou, for instance, allows perfect pivoting to be as easy as pressing a button. Another scheme (though I forget it's name) converts C-bouncing into PP.

boneflesh

Smash Cadet
i had the same troubles in the beginning too. it became easier for me to pp when i realized it is more about the arms then the fingers. i suppose it's because you can vibrate your hand faster and easier with your arms rather than your fingers unless you got some nasty thumb muscles lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom