• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
Well, now the only character I am worried about leaving is captain falcon. I know it sounds like I am being dramatic. but you never know would be pretty depressing and sad if nintendo got rid of there own original character. (probably jigglypuff is the only original character that could be removed).
There's no freaking way Falcon is getting cut. Falcon Punch is arguably the most iconic move of the franchise.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On the contrary. If somebody randomly guesses 6 characters and 3 just HAPPEN to be right, it doesn't mean his prediction was somehow informed, and therefore halfway dependable. What people are trying to say is that because he was half wrong, there is very little reason to think that the entire basis for the prediction has any validity.
Well put. Also glad to see your back.

SonicFlash

Smash Rookie
Captain falcons smash better be good this time. (drives out of his blue falcon jumps and ultimate falcon punches the enemy.)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Lol i can't see falcon being cut,And i can't see how you can just dismiss the so called rumor seeing how he got 3 right in my book i fill that the rumor still is true.I think there just holding off from revealing more for right now..I'm gonna have so much funn with this when they do finally do confirm Pac-Man's in smash cause i tolled you so.!!!:rolleyes::surprised:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
This would be incredibly dissapointing for most players. Villager was welcomed, Megaman was welcomed, Wii fit trainer seems just to unique and opinions vary. Putting in more characters that havnt exactly been wanted or played with in a while isnt going to create hype. 6 Newcomers is stupid as well when considering Brawls and ones that may drop.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Lol i can't see falcon being cut,And i can't see how you can just dismiss the so called rumor seeing how he got 3 right in my book i fill that the rumor still is true.I think there just holding off from revealing more for right now..I'm gonna have so much funn with this when they do finally do confirm Pac-Man's in smash cause i tolled you so.!!!:rolleyes::surprised:
More accurately, this specific rumor is possibly derived from an accurate source, but distorted by additional rumors and personal preference, as it passed through the grapevine.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
For me, this is still no more than a dedicated guess. In hindisight, all six he suggested made sense in my eyes, and might still happen.

The good thing with this position is that even if all six are confirmed in the end, it proves nothing. I'll give him a toast for awesome predicting.

If all six had been revealed as he'd described it would've been hands down though, but now this wasn't the case...

SonicFlash

Smash Rookie
Rumors are rumors. You cant be acurate unless you walk all the way to nintendo headquarters and have a press confrence with the creator of ssb
(I can't spell his name right or remember how is name is pronounced.)

MarioKart9864

Smash Rookie
Pac-Man I would actually like to see. The Mii would be... surprising, to say the least.

And yes, I would LOVE to see Little Mac enter the ring once again :D

But as far as we know, it's just rumors. Who knows what could happen?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I love Pac Man, and Little Mac would be pretty cool too.
If Miis have fully customizable movesets, that might be cool. If they have 1 set moveset I will rage.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Customizable movesets scream broken too much
If I were to design a character with customizable move sets, I would include some type of number rating system. So the better the move, the higher point value it has. The customizable character would have a limited number of points to spend. So while you could include some of the better moves, you would be at a disadvantage for other moves.

IDK. The idea needs some work.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Which is why they probably arent included and everyone is overreacting to a bad translation.
I have wondered why Sakurai has mentioned the 3DS characters would be customizable and then could be moved to the Wii U to play. Is he simply talking about the characters looks?

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I have wondered why Sakurai has mentioned the 3DS characters would be customizable and then could be moved to the Wii U to play. Is he simply talking about the characters looks?

This even further implies that by customization, he means playstyles/techniques, as both of those words are similar in use but not in meaning.

Seriously, replace "Customization" with "Unique Playstyles/Techniques" and suddenly everything makes sense.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
This even further implies that by customization, he means playstyles/techniques, as both of those words are similar in use but not in meaning.

Seriously, replace "Customization" with "Unique Playstyles/Techniques" and suddenly everything makes sense.

I have always wanted to be able to "create" my own player by choosing different move sets and what not. But will this feature be a 3DS exclusive feature? From what I read, it sounds like it. I may have to purchase a 3DS for this very reason...

210stuna

Smash Lord
I have always wanted to be able to "create" my own player by choosing different move sets and what not. But will this feature be a 3DS exclusive feature? From what I read, it sounds like it. I may have to purchase a 3DS for this very reason...
Not sure if serious.

The 3DS is a pretty fun little gadget. I'll give it that, about 2 or 3 gems for it that you'll like, probably even more.
With that said I'm wondering if it's worth double dipping Smash 4 for 3DS & WiiU.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, I hope this rumor isn't 100% true. Pacman would be kinda cool I guess, but Little Mac and Mii's? Bleh. They don't bring anything to the table. Mii's would play like The Villager and I don't see what's super special about a guy who punches. They would make great assist trophies though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope this rumor is true. Mostly for Little Mac. I always wanted a boxer in the franchise. I mean someone that can actually fight in a fighting game? Whoa! Miis are stupid. I still think they are pretty likely especially since Sakurai confirmed an element of customization. I do wish that they used the Villager as a template though. That way it doesn't waste a slot and make movesets too crazy. Villager already looks like a Mii anyways. Pacman is pretty foreseeable. I mean not only is he a video game icon, but he is also one of the mascots of Namco (which is co-developing the game). So all choices could be lucky guesses. However, I don't think anyone really predicted Wii Fit Trainer or Villager. So this guy is really good at guessing... or... yeah... that seems like the only option unless he has insider information.

[Corn]

Smash Ace

Well, as from a purely casual base that seems fine, but in anything other its a balance nightmare. It is clearly not happening though.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Snake's playstyle is way too unique for him to be cut. He also fits just fine imo, Smash Bros is about multiple worlds clashing together, having a broad horizon only helps give that feeling. I'd be pretty pissed if Pac-Man booted off Snake, Snake is just too unique of a character to get replaced, especially by such a boring design such as Pac-Man.
Boring design?!! Have u even...nope just gonna leave that one alone.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This entire time, I've been hoping that the poster of this "leak" just saw or heard about the reveal trailers pre-e3 somehow, and made guesses on the remaining 3 (Mii, Pacman, and Mac), who are not really "surprising" at all.

Looking at the list, the only real surprising thing is that all 3 newcomers are in the same list. WFT was a huge surprise to most, but all of the other predictions there just...make sense. I guess Megaman is a bit of a leap, but 80% of the community wanted him in, so I saw a lot of guesses for him. Also "Animal Crossing Guy" is a very safe bet, because we would have taken that to mean Tom Nook, if he were included instead.

It just makes me wonder if the guy actually knew 3 of the 6, and BS'ed the other 3 based on common sense.

All that said, the only character on there that really bothers me is Mii... I just hate the character design and that voice...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never believed this rumour, nor do I believe it now. Honestly, I want it to be false, as I'm not interested in Pac-Man and Mii.

(Really, I have a habit of treating rumours as bull until proven. :p I also treated the rumour of Mewtwo's new forme the same way.)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I never believed this rumour, nor do I believe it now. Honestly, I want it to be false, as I'm not interested in Pac-Man and Mii.

(Really, I have a habit of treating rumours as bull until proven. :p I also treated the rumour of Mewtwo's new forme the same way.)
Haven't you said almost exactly this on this same thread before? This thread has gone in circles so many times, I cant keep track anymore.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
why does everyone hate pac I would kill for sonic, mega,mario, and pac to be fighting in one game. There pretty much the gaming ind. founding fathers

BentoBox

Smash Master
Oh god, I hope this rumor isn't 100% true. Pacman would be kinda cool I guess, but Little Mac and Mii's? Bleh. They don't bring anything to the table. Mii's would play like The Villager and I don't see what's super special about a guy who punches. They would make great assist trophies though.

How would the Mii play similarly to the Villager? Please elaborate. And how is, what would be the first Boxer in the series, not bringing anything new to the table?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I think the Mii is most likely a soul like in SoulCalibur V,kinda like an alternate costume to everybody.
Doesn't "waste a slot" and would take short development time.No problem with size either,the Mii gets resized like the original character,not the reverse.
If I can be my favorite character,then it's "Mii".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom