• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brinstar Is One Of Diddy Kong's Best Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Brinstar is a really good stage for Diddy Kong. The weird shape of the stage makes it so that you can monkey flip every character in the game. If you hide behind the pillars, you can spam peanuts and most projectiles won't be able to hit you. It's also lot harder to gimp Diddy on this stage because it is so small.

He solidly beats characters like Falco, Fox, DDD, Marth and ICs on this stage. One thing you do have to learn on this stage is when you can run over the bumpy part of the stage and when you will get stuck. If it looks like you can't run through that part of the stage, it's best to just jump over it or wait for it to fix itself. Once you learn this, you should have no problems with this stage

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Diddy goes even or has only a slight advantage against Marth on any other stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
the average MU ratio for Diddy vs Marth is +1 (this takes into account stages so it's like an average from the BBR MU chart), on brinstar it'd be closer to 0 than +1 so it's better for Marth Vs Diddy. Fox does pretty well on Brinstar, Reflex has a pretty nasty fox and can beat kismet's mk on it. Falco, RC is better IMO. ICs and D3 are good to CP them to, those are the only ones I'd agree with, but I'm wondering why you're losing to d3 in the first place.

And then like every single other character has better MUs against Diddy than the average stage.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Marth doesn't gain anything from that stage. Diddy can spam peanuts on that stage without risking a banana throw from Marth. Fox vs MK is not Fox vs Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Marth gets a crap load from brinstar ifk what yours talking about. The lava forces the players in the air where Marth ***** not to mention this stage is amazing for his zoning game and the slopes make it easier to approach diddy rather than flat ground

Ugh in just not even going to try to argue since all you do is straw man. Please be my guest CPing MKs warios ness dks and luigis to this stage

:phone:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Marth gets a crap load from brinstar ifk what yours talking about. The lava forces the players in the air where Marth ***** not to mention this stage is amazing for his zoning game and the slopes make it easier to approach diddy rather than flat ground

Ugh in just not even going to try to argue since all you do is straw man. Please be my guest CPing MKs warios ness dks and luigis to this stage

:phone:
It also forces Marth in the air where he gets ***** if his opponent is below him. The slopes also help Diddy kong. He can crouch all of Marth's rising aerials.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
marth in the air is fine because there are platforms near ledges which Marth has a lot of synergy with.

His completely amazing edge guarding amplified on this stage + safer juggling due to smaller stage size (TJG is almost negligible on brinstar, while most of the time its a liability)

It's one of Marth's best stages. In between extended hit boxes with tippers, safe use of dolphin slash (yep), sharking, juggling, reduction of anti-marth edge guarding and good boundaries for his horizontal kill moves....

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
marth in the air is fine because there are platforms near ledges which Marth has a lot of synergy with.

His completely amazing edge guarding amplified on this stage + safer juggling due to smaller stage size (TJG is almost negligible on brinstar, while most of the time its a liability)

It's one of Marth's best stages.
What do you think of this stage vs. Diddy?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
probably the best thread ever. SUBSCRIBED. keep the lols comin.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Tibs obviously doesn't know how to play on this stage. he can crouch to avoid all your rising aerials. He also wasn't camping enough. F-air is still great on this stage, you just have to know when to use it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
isn't it fantastic that people can crouch 9 frame start ups on reaction?
Doesn't change how bananas interact and how little commitment marth is exposed to using aerials and other moves on that stage.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
isn't it fantastic that people can crouch 9 frame start ups on reaction?
Doesn't change how bananas interact and how little commitment marth is exposed to using aerials and other moves on that stage.
Who said anything about doing it on reaction? Stay on the low parts of the stage. Camp and crouch if he approaches. How are you supposed to approach a crouching Diddy?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't want this to turn into a theorycraft argument so yeah, but he still loses some of his best approaches by not being able to approach with his rising aerials

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And yet Marth's fast falled aerials are still safe on your shield and in between sliding, dolphin slash being near impossible to punish if shielded in 2 common areas of the stage and his ability to just dtilt you if you are standing still...

Like...

have you PLAYED on this stage?
Seriously
have you
played
on
this
stage?

how in gods name does diddy even approach Marth considering the stage layout ?
Seriously
think
about
it
And why would diddy approach marth? because you're likely to be getting juggled like crap, not have any banana combos work out for you and lol if marth cares about peanuts from the other side of the stage with a percent lead.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Diddy Kong could use the same basic strategy he uses on Battlefield to beat Marth on this stage and the fact that the stage has slopes helps him. I have played on this stage. If you have a -8 frame advantage after fast fall F-air, can't the Diddy just grab you?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i think shaya has finally seen a wild jebus appearing before him. get him jebus rofl

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Why am I not surprised about this being YET ANOTHER thread of this kind made by Jebus.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
except the part where its -3 untippered... and its -7 if tippered.
and you aren't shield grabbing a tippered fair.
So you were right. That still doesn't matter because that is just something Marth has against Diddy in the match up and is not something that is stage specific. What I want to know is why you think this stage is better for Marth. I think it's like a better Battlefield (an already great Diddy stage) in this MU.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Lava says hi.

Last I checked, Diddy thrives on ground control. Something he LOSES on this stage. Something that is detrimental for him to have an edge on Marth.

On top of the limited space for Diddy to control, Marth kinda sails across this stage with whatever aerial he chooses and most characters have to accept the fact that they are probably gonna get beat up by alot of it. Diddy included. He can't cover options when his main methods of covering options are both going to be submerged under lava.

Seriously Jebus, who gave you the right to have a brain? Because you don't use it properly. At. All.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Lava says hi.

Last I checked, Diddy thrives on ground control. Something he LOSES on this stage. Something that is detrimental for him to have an edge on Marth.

On top of the limited space for Diddy to control, Marth kinda sails across this stage with whatever aerial he chooses and most characters have to accept the fact that they are probably gonna get beat up by alot of it. Diddy included. He can't cover options when his main methods of covering options are both going to be submerged under lava.

Seriously Jebus, who gave you the right to have a brain? Because you don't use it properly. At. All.
The lava forces Marth to jump which means that he will be at a disadvantage if the opponent is below him.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
yeah especially when you need to jump and you don't have room to dash forward and marth's aerial mobility is greater than yours :|
Good luck not being beaten up by Marth after you're forced onto any platform to avoid the lava.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
You solidly beat Tibs on BF that set of the vid you posted up. Maybe he just isn't that good on stages with multiple platforms. I also like how that video you posted is two years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom