• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair to grab instead of Dair to Shine on low %

Vall3y

Smash Lord
I often see Falco players try to combo a Dair into shine at very low percentage (like around 0%), but the shine often gets shielded because the stun is too short at these percentage.
I think dair to grab is a great unused mix-up for these situations.
I realize that if the dair is hit when the Falco is very close to the ground it might combo, but oftentimes this is not the case.
What do you think?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
IMO if you delay your d-air enough, the shine should always hit

d-air grab I found is useful when you d-air someone from a platform and they DI it away so they're too far in front of you for your shine to hit

D

Deleted member

I often see Falco players try to combo a Dair into shine at very low percentage (like around 0%), but the shine often gets shielded because the stun is too short at these percentage.
I think dair to grab is a great unused mix-up for these situations.
I realize that if the dair is hit when the Falco is very close to the ground it might combo, but oftentimes this is not the case.
What do you think?
i think dair > shinegrab is better.

Top Bottom