• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plusle and Minun, anyone?

Conner

Smash Journeyman
Plusle and Minun would be cool I think , I have a quick moveset

b- thunder wave - they turn different directions and soot a small blast of electricity that travels a short
distance and leaves the foe parylized for a moment

<-> b -Spark - they charge some elctricity and dash at an oppenent

down b-Helping Hand- if Plusle AND Minun are there they clap and then they glow yellow , and their attacks are more powerful while glowing

up b- Flash- Plusle and Minun jump up and let out a white flash around them , harming the foe and makin the screen brighter momentarily , making it harder to see

FINAL SMASH
Thunder
Plusle and minun summon a stormcloud and jump on it charging it with electricity
it then travels around the stage shooting out electricity at foes. Oh , and you can't make
plusle and Minun fall of because they are also invincible!

You see if you give little pokemon big moves they can be tough.
That's for you Plusle and Minun haters!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers, being a duo, were the most unique/original characters ever, and I'd love to see another duo. Of all the options suggested, this is the best, as I'd rather have Diddy/Olimar play by themselves instead of with Dixie/Louie.
Here's my moveset:

B: Thundershock- both shoot out sparks like pikachu's

Forward B: Helping Hand- Plusle throws the electrically charged Minun at an enemy. (can be charged up)

Up B: Magnet Rise(That's an actual move in Pokemon)- Plusle throws Minun up in the air, then Minun negatively charges his tail (hopefully not his cheeks) to attract the positively charged Plusle's tail to him the impact once they hit causes them to spin further upwards.

Down B: Shock Wave- Both let out electricity to damage foes around them.

Final Smash: Zap Cannon- Plusle and Minun temporarily have their Thundershock attack replaced with a large, fatal ball of electricity

Alt colors: (Red Team is original colors, +le in the lead)
Blue Team: Purple Minun, Orange Plusle, Minun in the lead
Green Team: Green Minun, Goldish-yellow Plusle, Minun in the lead
Last Alt:Black Plusle, Grey Minun, Plusle in the lead

I think they'd be a great representation of the 3rd gen because that's when they introduced double battles... And they were like the spokesmice of double battling. They even have abilities that encourage you to use them in double battles... (Plus: Increases sp attk if battling with Minus. Minus: Increases sp attk if battling with plus)

nuro

Smash Lord
Get rid of Pichu and replace them with this I think its a unique idea. They can represent the new Pokemon games as well.

Plus does twice as much damage as Minim does but Minium takes half the damage plus does. And also if you change their costume you can choose to be either plus or minium and see which one is better for being the partner and which one is better for being the main.

I can actually imagine this now being in the game. I am sure that a lot of people will hate this idea as do a lot of people hate pichu but pichu got in so deal with it. And Sakurai will add them to give those Pichu fans a present to make up for Pichu not appearing in brawl. I think their chances are actually very high once you think about it. Pichu never made much sense anyway. True pichu players know that the move that have the best priority are usually the ones that dont hurt you anyway.

I called it.

although grab to inf headbut sounds cheap =p I hope he knows what he is doing when he makes them I dont want another infinite combo.

nuro

Smash Lord
I think I called it. :)

thank you for your support though, seriously.
:laugh: this wasnt intended to give support i was just trying to give an honest answer

the way i see it is that there shouldnt be people who think....

A) I hate them
B) I don't like you
C) Pokemon are for kids
D) Im an idiot

I think all those people who didnt want red in are now actually very excited about being able to play as him now that he is confirmed. I actually remember a lot of people bashing how red had no chances and now they completely changed their minds and are saying "well im looking forward ot be charizard..." :laugh::laugh:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thats very true, and I understand what you mean about the difference between support and prediction.

Its just that on my side, I support it and the prediction is still the same. :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't compare Pokemon Trainer with Plusle and Minum. Pokemon Trainer is a really unique idea that was maybe done (kind of) with Zelda/Sheik. It's a VERY unique idea, the idea of two Pikachu/Pichu clones working together like Ice Climber's just isn't as unique.

At least bring another type of Pokemon, you know? Pichu shouldn't be replaced with more electric rats!

nuro

Smash Lord
Don't compare Pokemon Trainer with Plusle and Minum. Pokemon Trainer is a really unique idea that was maybe done (kind of) with Zelda/Sheik. It's a VERY unique idea, the idea of two Pikachu/Pichu clones working together like Ice Climber's just isn't as unique.

At least bring another type of Pokemon, you know? Pichu shouldn't be replaced with more electric rats!
You think Sakurai cares about your specific opinions? He looks at this from a marketing view. Pichu was added in melee because of 3 reasons.

1) He had to include a pokemon from current pokemon series (gold/silver versions).
2) Pichu could be cloned from Pikachu which made it fast and simple to make compared to other characters.
3) Pichu was a unique character because it did damage to itself.

Now if you look at plus and minim the first 2 rules still apply and not only that but this time they have a more unique percentage game and theres two of them. Also its a good way to get rid of pichu and not disappoint any fans.

I feel the same way about them as anyone else might. I dont really like cute pokemon being in the game but this game is marketed towards the younger audience as well so my opinion fails.

If I was in Sakurais shoes I would add them even though I dont like thier character simply because it makes sense to. Your just being pig headed, sir. If they do get in what would you be thinking?

And this can be compared to Pokemon trainer exactly I dont get where ur coming from these two are unique just like he is. There were just as many flamers for pokemon trainer than there were for these two before he was confirmed. And let me get this straight your saying that PT copied Zelda/shiek but when these two copy iceclimers its not as unique? get your picture together.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Pokemon Trainer is a really unique idea that was maybe done (kind of) with Zelda/Sheik.
I'm sorry, I don't follow. ;)

Pokemon Trainer is a nice addition to the roster, but that doesn't mean that Plusle and Minun are more unoriginal. They could work in more ways than just being a clone of either Pikachu or ice climbers.

Their abilities 'Plus' and 'Minus' allow for multiple originalities: they could have a stationary charge that makes any of their attacks more powerful for a short amount of time; you could press a button (like down+b or something) to switch between who is the leading Pokemon, allowing for two slightly similar but noticeably different move-sets.

They could work like Ice Climbers, yes, but that would be no different than Pokemon Trainer working like Zelda/Sheik. Two different yet similar characters that can transform back and forth. Take out the fact that there is a Trainer in the background and it becomes even more of a significant similarity.

They could also work in a manner similar to Pichu: if BOTH Plusle and Minun are present, then they work normally. If one of them is missing (has been KO'ed or is too far away from the other) and does an electric attack, they could take a small amount of recoil damage.

I'm saying that they can be unoriginal in appearance and still be completely innovative in usage and ability.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just don't see what's so unique about them. Believe it or not I played Ruby, and when I saw Plusle or Minum whichever one it was I was like "Wait... what? Isn't that Pichu?" To say the least I was a bit saddened that they got that uncreative.

The plus and minus thing just doesn't seem like enough to me.

Grr if Sakurai puts them in. I say there are more deserving characters, even Pokemon more deserving that are popular as well.

I really hope Sakurai doesn't sink so low...

nuro

Smash Lord
I just don't see what's so unique about them. Believe it or not I played Ruby, and when I saw Plusle or Minum whichever one it was I was like "Wait... what? Isn't that Pichu?" To say the least I was a bit saddened that they got that uncreative.

Grr if Sakurai puts them in. I say there are more deserving characters, even Pokemon more deserving that are popular as well.

Im just going to be blunt. You dont know what your talking about. Think about it more. your being DUM

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

The first half of your post is the legitimate argument that I have to accept as the opposite side of my opinion. Some people do not believe that the differences between Plusle/Minun and Pichu/Pikachu are enough, and therefore do not see them as applicable characters for Brawl. That is understandable, as I disagree with some other characters. Your argument here is perfectly acceptable.

The second part of your post, which I have highlighted in bold, is what nuro had referred to as pig-headedness. If you can't see how, then I'm sorry but I will not explain.

nuro

Smash Lord
The first half of your post is the legitimate argument that I have to accept as the opposite side of my opinion. Some people do not believe that the differences between Plusle/Minun and Pichu/Pikachu are enough, and therefore do not see them as applicable characters for Brawl. That is understandable, as I disagree with some other characters. Your argument here is perfectly acceptable.

The second part of your post, which I have highlighted in bold, is what nuro had referred to as pig-headedness. If you can't see how, then I'm sorry but I will not explain.
Don't worry none of that post made sense. He says that they are not original because they steal from iceclimbers and look like pichu. PT steals from zelda/shiek and he says they are original.

There are so many of these types of people floating around but when the character appears in full fledged 3d on one of the updates they get giddy with joy. Im sorry but these types of people are just dumb.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Okay, yes I'm stubborn, I'll say that. :p

Don't worry none of that post made sense. He says that they are not original because they steal from iceclimbers and look like pichu. PT steals from zelda/shiek and he says they are original.
There's more to it then "looking" like Pichu, my gosh they're even ELECTRIC types just like Pikachu and Pichu.

I'll give it to you, that is my opinion. I want variety. They just don't provide it no matters what way I look at it. They're too similar.

Perhaps PT will play out differently then Zelda/Sheik. I actually firmly believe he will. They've already said that they Pokemon will have "stamina" therefore separating PT from Zelda/Sheik. Still it's the truth that we don't know how this will work out.

There are so many of these types of people floating around but when the character appears in full fledged 3d on one of the updates they get giddy with joy. Im sorry but these types of people are just dumb.
Um... what? I was never "opposed" to the idea of the Pokemon Trainer, I just couldn't see it happening.

nuro

Smash Lord
Okay, yes I'm stubborn, I'll say that. :p

There's more to it then "looking" like Pichu, my gosh they're even ELECTRIC types just like Pikachu and Pichu.

I'll give it to you, that is my opinion. I want variety. They just don't provide it no matters what way I look at it. They're too similar.

Perhaps PT will play out differently then Zelda/Sheik. I actually firmly believe he will. They've already said that they Pokemon will have "stamina" therefore separating PT from Zelda/Sheik. Still it's the truth that we don't know how this will work out.

Um... what? I was never "opposed" to the idea of the Pokemon Trainer, I just couldn't see it happening.
You think that Pikachu will do more damage to squirtle with its electric attacks? I dont, types dont matter the characters never closely resembled their games enough anyway. And u say that stamina makes them unique but plus and minims different percentage game isnt unique? Ur still stuborn.

And I am not really talking about you. At least you know ur being stubborn. What I hate are people like this.

O.o ..........

kk....WHY did this thread have to come back!!!! I thought it was gone, and we had seen the last of this madness......but no.....I must retourn to flame.....again....

I swear, I am so annoyed seeing these "ash for brawl" or " red for brawl", "blue for brawl" , "insert colour here for brawl" threads/posts.....they have got to be some of thee stupidest, agonizing, childish, pointless ideas I will ever consider responding to....

Whoever thinks, that out of the overly large selection of 400+ pokemon there are, that a TRAINER will be playable in brawl is DEAD wrong, and possible some of the saddest "fanboys" I have ever heard from......and many others have heard from aswell.....and I'm 100% sure what I'm about to argue, MUST have been said before, because it scares me to think there are no sane people who would have already mentioned this.

first off.....so many of these posted movesets for ...(I'll just go with red) Red, involve summoning pokemon for certain attacks.....hmmmm.....seems logical, and a good idea for gameplay to add to smash..........................................................................................
THAT'S WHY THE POKEBALL IS A FREAKING ITEM!!!!!! SO ANY CHARACTER CAN THROW ONE, AND A POKEMON APEARS!!!!!! ANY character can throw a pokeball, ANY, so how origional would it be to just be able to do that for "Red's"moves? Pretty dull......

Second....Red is not popular.....infact he's MAJORLY UNPOPULAR.....like....go to any random person....say the word "Pokemon" and what comes to mind? Well, probably things like Pickachu, Mewtwo, Meowth....because they are ACTUAL POKEMON!.....NOBODY, will ever think of "Red".....WHY, because it's just a name...a POSIBLE naem at that......it is a character, who really has no character (he just walks.....he dosn't talk- he has no personality- he dosn't battle, he let's his pokemon do that) If there's is going to be any character representing the "POKEMON" series, then wouldn't it be logical that it would be an actual "POKEMON" !!!!!.....you know....HENCE THE NAME POKEMON!

Thirdly- Now, other movesets i've seen have included moves such as punching and kicking....which brings me to another point.....WHY WOULD RED ACTUALLY BE FIGHTING?!?!? I mean.....that's kinda the point of being a pokemon trainer....YOU DO NOT FIGHT! YOU LET YOUR "POKEMON" FIGHT! YOU TEST YOUR "POKEMON'S" STRENGTH IN BATTLE! NOT YOUR OWN! so WHY! would Red actually be fighting, and getting hit? HE WOULDN'T WHEN THE TRAINER'S FREAKING BATTLE, THEY DO SO WITH .....POKEMON!!! NOT THEMSELVES!........Even at the begining of each frickon game.....the "Professer" always says the same stupid thing "oh, don't step in the grass, you might be attacked, you need to have pokemon to battle with first" ........ why would he say this, unless the trainers could f'n fight for themselves......:mad:

Red WOULD NOT IN THE LEAST BE ANY FORM OF "GOOD" REPRESENTATION FOR BRAWL! If there will be representation for "Pokemon" it WILL BE A "POKEMON" why? BECAUSE THE GAME IS ABOUT """POKEMON"""! He would also be bad representation, because when poeple see him/play as him, they will think it is so incredible lame & unbearably stupid, the Pokemon franchise would be leaving a bad image for itself

:mad: so there, once again I had to respond to this POS idea of trainers in brawl....and, As Iv'e said on other "Red flamming occasions" ( a fellow smasher once said) " unless he is the alternate costume for the sandbag in the homerun contest, then there is NO good reason for him to be in Brawl" ....

PS: It's not often I make longer posts about things, because I am somewhat of a dyslexic (though I think i've come quite a long way, I DO try to catch my errors, and have become fairly good with a keyboard).....so if anyone tries to BS my points due to my spelling errors, then A: your getting personal, and B: It's a lousy excuse in the first place

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You think that Pikachu will do more damage to squirtle with its electric attacks? I dont, types dont matter the characters never closely resembled their games enough anyway. And u say that stamina makes them unique but plus and minims different percentage game isnt unique? Ur still stuborn.
No, I don't think that Pikachu would do more damage to Squirtle, I just like a variety, that's all. I'd rather see another type in the game, but as I said that's my opinion.

Stamina seems more interesting to me, I guess. Supposedly it'll force you to switch out the Pokemon from time to time, which is what makes it so different from Zelda/Sheik.

Also I don't think "clones" like Pichu need to be "replaced", they where put in because there wasn't much time to create unique characters, right?

nuro

Smash Lord
No, I don't think that Pikachu would do more damage to Squirtle, I just like a variety, that's all. I'd rather see another type in the game, but as I said that's my opinion.

Stamina seems more interesting to me, I guess. Supposedly it'll force you to switch out the Pokemon from time to time, which is what makes it so different from Zelda/Sheik.

Also I don't think "clones" like Pichu need to be "replaced", they where put in because there wasn't much time to create unique characters, right?
I get what ur saying but something still dont make sense. This is pretty much all ur opinions ill just tell u what i think sakurai will be thinking.

Sakurai knows that the stamina is a very interesting feature for the new characters its also a way of making people not just use the same pokemon pretty much the whole time. Sakurai will probably also think that another interesting character feature will be pluse and minium since they give/take different %. Even though they are different they are unique and sakurai is probably looking for unique gameplay more than a lot of other things.

and about clones the reason they were put in melee was because the creators wanted to squeeze as many characters as possible before the game was released. Clones are pretty much last minute leftovers. You have to understand that just because you think they may lack originality they are extras. What would you rather haves clones or get rid of those characters completely (they arent playable at all)

sakurai might go all out on this game so who knows. Also I think a lot of people are complaining about clones so there is a chance sakurai might just skip them all together.

But seriously im ending this discussion. The best thing to do is just be patient and wait and see what happens. Don't start saying you hate certain characters like the guy in the quote did tho u will never learn to like anything that way.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Deoxys and Munchlax being non-playable gives more chances to Plusle and Minun to become new playable characters.

Pachirisu is more suitable to be a Poké Ball Poke´mon because it doesn't have many interesting signature moves, and it's a lone Pokémon.

At this point it's useless to think in introductions of new characters because the roster is probably already made and all of this is pure guesses. However, Plusle & Minun still represent peculiarities from Pokémon that a Nintendo crossover game should show.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

While he's not confirmed to be out, you can't possibly think they'd keep Pichu in the game? Him and Doctor Mario make up the epitome of clone and I don't see a way that could make him unique enough to consider keeping him over some other characters.
Besides the fact that he's a "clone" of Pikachu, why else would he be out? Being original isn't a necessity to be included. If anything, you could expect the differences between Pikachu and Pichu to greaten, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Pichu is out of the game.

Why do you think Pichu was put in Melee? He is very popular in Japan, and now because of Melee he is fairly popular here.

Also, any reasoning of yours that says a newcomer has a better chance than a returning character needs to be re-evaluated. I'm not saying that Plusle and Minun would replace Pichu at all.

Though I disagree with you, I do appreciate the intelligent discussion you bring, IllidR. You state reasoning and use logic, unlike some people...

Worst character duo ever....
Oh, I guess because 'bored' said it, it must be true.

locke117

Smash Rookie
what i cant understand is why so many pepl want characters like plusle and minun in brawl when there are so many better pokemon out there ok there popular people like them but i dont think there brawl material

Kentalish

Smash Lord
well sonics in and game not coming out for 4 more months they could do this... it would be hella fun for reals.

so far all the characters i want in are in the game i just want 3 more. Pluse and Minun, Geno, Captain O.

lol people are gunna hate me for bumping this

EPX2

Smash Ace
Ehh... I'd rather not detract from the quality that makes the ICs so unique, so I'm going to have to pass on this.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well sonics in and game not coming out for 4 more months they could do this... it would be hella fun for reals.

so far all the characters i want in are in the game i just want 3 more. Pluse and Minun, Geno, Captain O.

lol people are gunna hate me for bumping this
well, this person loves you for bumping this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We really don't need another electric pokemon

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Being or not Electric-type matters less than being unique playable characters in Brawl.

BTW, there's one recent thing that makes me think this might not happen. Latios and Latias were shown to appear from Poké Balls on some video, right? Or so did I hear. If this is true and only one Poké Ball is used for that, then the same could happen with Plusle and Minun and they wouldn't be playable. If anyone knows where to find a video with Latios and Latias in Brawl, I'd appreciate it.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Then how? My only other guess (besides a lame spontaneous appearance of one of the two Pokémon) is that one of the two came out from the Poké Ball, while the other one just appeared flying from one side of the stage or something.

Not sure if they were Latios and Latias, anyway. I'm talking about this review, if anyone here knows about it. Of course Latios and Latias should appear in the game since they are legendary, and maybe they are using this method only for them... But what about Plusle and Minun?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Then how? My only other guess (besides a lame spontaneous appearance of one of the two Pokémon) is that one of the two came out from the Poké Ball, while the other one just appeared flying from one side of the stage or something.

Not sure if they were Latios and Latias, anyway. I'm talking about this review, if anyone here knows about it. Of course Latios and Latias should appear in the game since they are legendary, and maybe they are using this method only for them... But what about Plusle and Minun?
They never actually said the pokemon where from a ball. Could be a stage thing. IDK but I don't see them putting a Pika like in a ball.

Top Bottom