• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery trick on Frigate Orpheon

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you are ever forced into the position to recover with your barrels from underneath or to the lower right of the elevating platform, you can sweetspot the barrels into that very small tip of the wall. This way, while the platform is down, they will explode against the wall and send you down right safely onto it. You only take 5%, and it's better than eating... a lololol mk dsmash, or worse.

You can also side b to grab the wall if the platform is high, and level with the rest of the stage. This way you can jump with an aerial and it's safer than getting gimped or having to side b from above sometimes.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You diddy kong player need to come to the lucario boards. Anyway great find. Is this udseful in pressued situations though because if not pressured you could probably make it back on stage without taking damage obviously.

napZzz

Smash Hero
so can you wall clinger after a side b? or did you mean side b- 2nd jump wall cling

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
This is cool. I've been CP'ing Frigate against Affinity and it's working okay. I'll keep this in mind.

so can you wall clinger after a side b? or did you mean side b- 2nd jump wall cling
Are you the same Nappy from No Koast? 'cause if you are...you sure as hell did not run Diddy Kong! >:|

napZzz

Smash Hero
I am....and I'm sorry about that.

I was really really tired (only got 30 minutes of sleep) and I felt like my diddy was off ( he takes too much effort lolz) and I was better off using snake. I usually use both of them equally but I just couldn't muster myself to play diddy that day.

Gnes

Smash Master
i Am....and I'm Sorry About That.

I Was Really Really johny(only Got 30 Minutes Of john) And I Felt Like My Diddy Was Off ( He Takes Too Much johns) And I Was Better Off Using Snake. I Usually Use Both Of Them Equally But I Just Couldn't Muster Myself To Play Diddy That Day.

Hard Truths

ADHD

Smash Hero
I am....and I'm sorry about that.

I was really really tired of losing (only got 30 minutes of winning against horrible scrubs in friendlys) and I felt like my diddy was not enough (he takes too much effort lolz, I wanted an easy way out) and I was better off using THAT EASY CHAR THAT MAKES EVERYONE THINK I'M AN ******* CALLED snake (OR JESUS). I usually use both of them equally but I just couldn't muster myself to NOT BE A PRICK THAT USES A TOTALLY UNBALANCED CHARACTER that day.
Ahhhhh, I understand.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yeah, alright. <_<

I'll go all diddy next OoS tourney I go to then. Not a single shred of snake. none.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If we weighed three times as much as we do now that arguement MIGHT be valid. It's coming to the point where snake players are only winning because of the extra unnecessary weight. Ally shouldn't be m2k as much as he does.. M2k is obviously better.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If we weighed three times as much as we do now that arguement MIGHT be valid. It's coming to the point where snake players are only winning because of the extra unnecessary weight. Ally shouldn't be m2k as much as he does.. M2k is obviously better.
noone racks damage like diddy does. Plus he's fast, has amazing recovery, and a ******** amount of mixup options to stay unpredictable. His camping game is on par with snakes. Like you say, the weights the only thing lacking. Ko power? not raelly, it doesn't matter when one banana can lead to like 40% or death and not being punished in return.

The reason ally lives so long is because m2k cant hit him with kill moves. He just gets all this chip damage with grabs and uair/dair juggles cuz thats all he CAN do vs. him.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Snake is the bolded part compared to the rest of the quote

I agree completely about the weight, it's aggravating sometimes :mad:

Gnes

Smash Master
noone racks damage like diddy does. Plus he's fast, has amazing recovery, and a ******** amount of mixup options to stay unpredictable. His camping game is on par with snakes. Like you say, the weights the only thing lacking. Ko power? not raelly, it doesn't matter when one banana can lead to like 40% or death and not being punished in return.

The reason ally lives so long is because m2k cant hit him with kill moves. He just gets all this chip damage with grabs and uair/dair juggles cuz thats all he CAN do vs. him.
One snake f-tilt does 21%. True story.

Snake outcamps diddy. True story.

Diddy has a "okay" recovery True story.

Naners do not often True story.
lead to death
Unless snake is at 160.

Diddy has trouble killing True story.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I wasn't talking about in the snake vs. diddy matchup. I was talking about diddy the character as a whole.

Top Bottom