• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Official MALLOW in SSbb thread

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
NOOOOOOOOO! He was the worst character in the game, besides he's 3rd party from Square and they should put Geno in over Mallow.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yes, but why do you want Mallow in this game? All he did in SMRPG was cry and try to fight.(which he did terribly)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked Mallow in Mario RPG, but I still feel that Geno is more deserving, has a larger fanbase and Nintendo seems to prefer him too (He appeared in M&L:SS). Besides, one character from SMRPG is enough for Brawl; maybe for the next one or as a download?

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
MenacingMike said:
mallo > pichu, haha.

anyway, she'd have crazy b moves.

><
Mallow= TOTALLY not a she.

I'd like to see Mallow in Brawl, but I have my priorities. Geno comes first.

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
Come on now! How much of SMRPG have you played? He's the PRINCE of Nimbus Land! Heir to the throne! He was definitely a guy, just a whiny, crybaby one.

GenG

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been thinking in Mallow these days. If we get him along Geno, the Mario RPG party could be playable in Brawl! (Mario, Peach, Bowser, Geno and Mallow).
Mallow can stretch his arms to get average distance in attacks, he can use many weapons and has magic based in weather (rain, thunder, wind). He has variety and it's an original character moveset wise.

Of course, If we are bound to get only and one character from Mario RPG, that should be Geno. But I'd like to play as Mallow too.

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
im not gonna lie, if Mallow FOR SOME REASON would be put in SSBB, i would kill myself. i really REALLY dont think that is a good idea.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mallow would be pretty cool. His super could be star rain, and he could have "Snowy" and his thunder-based moves as his normal B moves. He could also probably do electrical or weather-based A-moves like Zelda did.

RaRaRachael said:
im not gonna lie, if Mallow FOR SOME REASON would be put in SSBB, i would kill myself. i really REALLY dont think that is a good idea.
See sig for details.

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
he would be so unblanced, most likely. probably too light and to floaty just like Mewtwo. how would Mallow be a good character?!?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
MenacingMike said:
mallo > pichu, haha.

anyway, she'd have crazy b moves.

><
You're saying Mallow is a girl now?? I thought it was a boy! What's the truth people?? :(

I support Mallow 98% for being in SSBB. I think it would be really interesting if they put in his Psycopath move to read people's minds, but it would be kinda dumb being that they already show how much damage you have. And HP rain would be kinda cheap unless it only healed a little. But Star Rain would be a cool SuperMove. What about his Cymbals?? Could they be a smash attack? Or could he use the Froggy Stick? Now that I think about it, I support Mallow about 80% now. But Geno.... whole different story :laugh:

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
Unsung Master said:
Mallow's a girl?!? Never knew :(
I can't really tell since it's text, but I hope that was a joke..since I said he was a guy a few posts earlier.

I'd say that his "glove" moves, as well as his froggie stick and cymbals, should be smash attacks...well, maybe the cymbals would be a nice close-range B move...but most of his B movie should be lightning/snow-based.

Mallow was a pretty crappy character in SMRPG, because, basically he's the equivalent of a "Mage" archetype in RPGs...weak attack, but powerful "Magic" (flower techniques)...but then, most bosses had strong Magic Defense, so his stats were pretty much useless anyway. But anyway, I'd like to see him in Brawl (but Geno makes it before anyone else).

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I agree iwth him for ssbb, he was my favourite charcter from Mario RPG, but his chance of getting over Geno is very small.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Man, that'd be totally awesome if it was both of them, but with nintendo saying only 1-2 third party characters, his chance is lowered even more.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I don't know, but I wouldn't beleive it until I heard it from nintendo.

GenG

Smash Lord
Mario RPG characters will appear as first party characters. These characters have only appeared in Mario games, in a Mario atmosphere. Even if they are copyrighted by another company, they aren't like Snake or Sonic. Nobody expects Geno as a third party character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Geno will probably make it in before Mallow. Besides, we already have TWO puffballs that we all know and love: Kirby and Jigglypuff. We do not need more.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Uh-oh, just thought of a prob... someone said before that if both Geno and Mallow were in SSBB the whole crew of SMRPG would be in it right? Well, Mario, Bowser, and Peach already have the little Mushroom thing as their "crest". So if Geno and Mallow are both in it, they'd have to change their crest to RPG or something, or a star. Unless these 2 were a group of their own, only one of the two should/would be able to get in to avoid confusion

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm confused on why people want Mallow to be in this game. He was the worst character in SMRPG and he was an annoying crybaby.

So what if he has magic attacks? There are far better magic users to choose from.(Look at Fire Emblem)

Sorry, I don't hate Mallow or anything, but I just think he'd be a waste of a 3rd party selection and I haven't seen any good reasons why he would be a good choice.

icymatt

Smash Lord
GenG said:
Mario RPG characters will appear as first party characters. These characters have only appeared in Mario games, in a Mario atmosphere. Even if they are copyrighted by another company, they aren't like Snake or Sonic. Nobody expects Geno as a third party character.
I see it that way, too. They probably wouldn't count them as third party, because they appeared in a Mario game.

Mallow could interesting. Slow and low jumper, but he would have insanely powerful special attacks. Plus, he could use his cymbals as a Smash attack!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If they don't count them as 3rd party characters, then I could see Mallow being in the game.

I still think he'd be a waste of a character selection though, he doesn't even have the strongest special attacks in SMRPG so it wouldn't make any sense if he did in Brawl. He's slow, low jumper,small, AND weak.

That has the makings of a bad character.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Geno has stronger special attacks than Mallow(which would be used as their B moves because it's what makes them unique) so why would they put in Mallow when his specialty is special attacks but his wouldn't be the strongest in the game? (unless they made him broken and better than he should be)

Ganondorf/Captain Falcon's specials would probably be stronger than his too.

Basically, the only reason to put in Mallow is because he would have strong special attacks. He wouldn't have the strongest though and couldn't make up for it with his physical attacks, so he's a waste of a character isn't he?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yes, and that is why Pichu is one of the characters most people want out the most.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Marshigio said:
Geno has stronger special attacks than Mallow(which would be used as their B moves because it's what makes them unique) so why would they put in Mallow when his specialty is special attacks but his wouldn't be the strongest in the game? (unless they made him broken and better than he should be)

Ganondorf/Captain Falcon's specials would probably be stronger than his too.

Basically, the only reason to put in Mallow is because he would have strong special attacks. He wouldn't have the strongest though and couldn't make up for it with his physical attacks, so he's a waste of a character isn't he?
There's supposed to be characters of all variety, some with strong specials, some quick but weaker ones, strong smashers, etc. Mallow (or Geno) do not have to be the strongest in one catagory to be put in the game. Now, if you really stretch it, Mallow could even be a clone of another character. Just because a character doesn't seem to have the best move set from a previous game doesn't mean he can't improve. I mean, look at Pit. I don't remember him morphing his B&W into two swords. He can change.

For all we know, Geno could totally stink and Mallow could be an Uppertier. We just don't know, we'll have to wait ;)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
What will Mallow be good at then? It seems that he's weak in every category and nothing really appeals about him other than his special attacks. Even that is a stretch because Captain Falcon and Geno would have better special attacks than him AND can fight physically.

Pit didn't have a move set to begin with so that's why they made one up. They changed his bow because they didn't think it would work well with the mechanics of Smash. Even Samus, who is centered around projectiles has moves that can be used to fight up close.

Yes, Geno could stink, but any character they add to Brawl have a chance of being bad. Geno's chances of being good are higher than Mallow's though. Look at Mewtwo, people thought he'd be a solid character when they heard of him and most people don't like him as a character now.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Like I said, anything or any character could change for better or worse. For all we know, Mallow might be a really good dodger. As for your Mewtwo theory, he could be the exact opposite of that. I'll admit that I don't support Mallow 100%, but everyone deserves to have a chance. Besides, it's not even guarenteed for either Geno or Mallow.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Deserve to have a chance? There are many more characters that deserve a chance other than Mallow. I said MOST people dislike Mewtwo as a character now and were dissapointed by him, they liked another character better when they thought they would like him a lot.

A good dodger? How could he be a good dodger if he is slow? Or maybe you mean something other than his speed like the advanced techniques.

Some people say Mallow deserves to be in Brawl as much as Geno does, because they were both made by Square and are both from the same game. That's the dumbest thing I've heard, that's like saying Tingle deserves to be in this game as much as Zelda does.

Geno has a bigger fanbase, and he's a stronger character both physically and mentally(doesn't cry all the time) but this topic isn't about him.

Top Bottom