• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Didn't Dekar (or was it AZ? I forget) post a huge thread in Tactics about the meta of Doubles awhile back? If I remember correctly he said that Diddy was great for doubles as long as your teammate isn't stupid
Could you post the link to that thread? :)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
The explosion spikes in the right spot and otherwise does a small amount of damage and knockback. You are also a hitbox until the apex of the of the launch. If you are hit while charging barrels, the barrels will fly off and potentially explode on the opponent for huge damage and knockback (this is called "Barrel Canceling"). If you hit a ceiling while you are launching, there will be a huge explosion (the same as a Barrel Cancel) and you will enter a helpless state.
Thanks a lot man really helpful I don't use diddy at all it's just good to know so I can be safer

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ingulit I love you so much right now you don't even understand how much I love that.

Seriously, I feel so proud to have created such a masterpiece. Where do I get homebrew so I can get an SD card so I can get hacks JUST so I can download THAT texture?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
maybe if you put it in green...
Can do, though the red suits "Kongmunism" better

niceeeeee do the naners and popgun look the same?
They can :)

Ingulit I love you so much right now you don't even understand how much I love that.

Seriously, I feel so proud to have created such a masterpiece. Where do I get homebrew so I can get an SD card so I can get hacks JUST so I can download THAT texture?

Unfortunately telling you is very much against the rules, though on a completely unrelated note I hear Google is nice this time of year.

I'll get a download link asap with all the (important) colors

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Kaptain kong. go to WA tournaments. at least go to one. i want to see you before i quit this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thanks Ingulit. You've put so much work though, props to you! :) Kongmunism hype!

The logo should have its own postbit.

T-block

B2B TST
Nothing other than just drilling the tech until you can do it without thinking, TC. Since none of it really requires super fast fingers, just hitting timings.

I have White, but I don't play it that much tbh... which pokes are you looking for?

Player-1

Smash Legend
any white exclusives, starters that aren't oshawott, and any legendaries that you can't get in black as well as getting pokemon that evolve by trading to evolve.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Are there any specific exercises you guys do to practice your tech skill and banana control?
- 'Got nobody to play? A list of things you should practice by yourself'
Credit goes to Ingulit
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262791
Diddy is such a technical character that if you don't play for an extended period of time, your tech skill will take a beating for it. Unfortunately, many of us don't have people we can play often (and we just don't like Wi-Fi). This thread is a list of things that should keep you busy even when you don't have a buddy (or competitor) beside you.

From the Kongpendium

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just play around with dribbling back and forth across the stage. When I get to a ledge, I try to sweetspot grab it and then do a ledge jump wavebounce peanut cancel banana pull. When I get three in a row, I'm allowed to SD. I play with 5 stocks and I let myself quit when I'm dead.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i...try to convince my community to train together :\ but everyones too busy on only playing in tourney, no friendlies, no nothing. :\\\\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom