• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
What is the best Disney movie, and why is it Sleeping Beauty?

Alright for serious though, I haven't quite figured out what movie is my favorite. I know it's either Sleeping Beauty, Oliver and Company, Aladdin or Encanto. I just think Sleeping Beauty is stupidly underrated, is all.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Alright for serious though, I haven't quite figured out what movie is my favorite. I know it's either Sleeping Beauty, Oliver and Company, Aladdin or Encanto. I just think Sleeping Beauty is stupidly underrated, is all.
Lilo and Stitch. Followed very closely by Lion King.

I am also very partial to Aladdin, Wreck It Ralph, and Encanto.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Did someone say 4chan leaks?
View attachment 395108
If it requires the expansion, I dunno how worth it this would be. I feel like anyone who wants to spend money on it would have all the multiplayer games they want to play on their Switch.
I don't buy it. If this is a heavy focus on friends, then why only ask for 10,000 people to participate with a NDA in tact?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I saw someone suggest that the Mystery Thing would be a Miitomo/Tomodachi Life follow-up, which I think is objectively the most likely outcome.

BUT

I have a dark horse theory. That this will end up being related to Smash Bros, or at least Sakurai-related. It sounds like utter nonsense, but there are a few things that make me humor it.
  • Development has almost assuredly started on Smash 6. We know that there are two Bandai Namco studios working on Nintendo exclusives, Ultimate got those new spirits earlier this year, and Sakurai is done with the youtube channel
  • Speaking of the Youtube Channel, Sakurai has said that the last "normal" upload will be on the 15th, with a "Special Suprise" at an unspecified later date. Maybe it'll be on whatever the Mystery Thing ends up being?
  • Sakurai seems to be genuine friends with Toby Fox - I remember hearing that he gave Sakurai the idea for the Youtube Channel (but I could be misremembering). I think it's possible that Sakurai ends up taking a few more ideas from Toby. Maybe, similar to Deltarune Chapter 1, he unveils a new project with little more than cryptic social media posts?
I'm not denying that this is extremely unlikely, and probably the Smash Brainworms talking. But there's a slim chance, and I want to be able to brag about getting it right if that slim chance ends up being correct.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

For me it’s Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Happy Birthday, Noi!

Posting this on birthday is obligatory

As much as I like The Emperor's New Groove if the above didn't make that obvious, The Lion King remains not just my favorite Disney movie, but my favorite movie, period.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a very close second. Mulan, Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stich, Wreck-It-Ralph and Moana are also up there.

Really, though ,even with the flaws of some the older ones, most of Disney's films are pretty damn good...Prior to Ralph Breaks the Internet, anyway. :4larry:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I've always had a soft spot for Tarzan.

Emperor's New Groove is fantastic, too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dan Vs was a great show on the wrong channel

If that **** was on Adult Swim it would've got way more appreciation
Not just because of its content either.

Digital cable/satellite-exclusive channels like The Hub are niche in general, FIM is lucky it got as popular as it did despite airing on one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

My favourite is Mulan.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

For the longest time, my faveorite was Up. Not so sure now, but I still have a soft spot for that movie.

Lilo and Stich, and the Incredibles changed my life that said.

Now if we talkkng like most well made, then Hunchback and Lion King are what spring to mind whem I think classic Disney. But I have a soft spot for Aladdin and Tarzan.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I couldn't sleep because my brain was fixated on some stupid Unreal Engine stuff that I decided to hold off for the next day before bed. I want to say that this is a good sign that I'm doing something I actually feel passionate about but I really wanted to sleep so this is actually kind of irritating

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw someone suggest that the Mystery Thing would be a Miitomo/Tomodachi Life follow-up, which I think is objectively the most likely outcome.

BUT

I have a dark horse theory. That this will end up being related to Smash Bros, or at least Sakurai-related. It sounds like utter nonsense, but there are a few things that make me humor it.
  • Development has almost assuredly started on Smash 6. We know that there are two Bandai Namco studios working on Nintendo exclusives, Ultimate got those new spirits earlier this year, and Sakurai is done with the youtube channel
  • Speaking of the Youtube Channel, Sakurai has said that the last "normal" upload will be on the 15th, with a "Special Suprise" at an unspecified later date. Maybe it'll be on whatever the Mystery Thing ends up being?
  • Sakurai seems to be genuine friends with Toby Fox - I remember hearing that he gave Sakurai the idea for the Youtube Channel (but I could be misremembering). I think it's possible that Sakurai ends up taking a few more ideas from Toby. Maybe, similar to Deltarune Chapter 1, he unveils a new project with little more than cryptic social media posts?
I'm not denying that this is extremely unlikely, and probably the Smash Brainworms talking. But there's a slim chance, and I want to be able to brag about getting it right if that slim chance ends up being correct.
Well speaking of conspiracy theories….

Nintendo seemingly operates multiple switch related Reddit’s and presumably uses them to source information:
They banned this man for this btw

cashregister9

Smash Hero

BUT

He will also take from Toby Fox and also Nintendo's recent collaborations with them to get a hololive member to sing the theme for the next smash bay-beeee

If the next smash gets that Vtuber whale audience it will sell double, no, Triple the amount of Smash Ultimate.

Top Bottom