• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The XY datamine so far have not revealed much, but they did find the stats and ability of mega Jynx that was planned:

No sprite for it yet though, but it seems to really have gotten far into development. No idea why they cut it
Maybe considering the old controversy about her? Like, Jynx is like the only pokemon I can think of who flatout got redesigned in later gens and it made her miss out on an evolution like Electabuzz and Magmar had iirc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe considering the old controversy about her? Like, Jynx is like the only pokemon I can think of who flatout got redesigned in later gens and it made her miss out on an evolution like Electabuzz and Magmar had iirc
Potentially, although odd they would skip a normal evolution and then go back to the drawing board with a mega and then scrap that too for the same prior reasons.

But that might be the case given it could have been in ORAS if cut for a different reason.

We know Gamefreak has some weird logic and takes on the fanbase and controversies.

Such as stating that the reason XY had less pokemon was because the west was big mad about black and white not having enough old pokemon in it.

Which is kind of stupid and I don’t think that’s really the case.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The XY datamine so far have not revealed much, but they did find the stats and ability of mega Jynx that was planned:

No sprite for it yet though, but it seems to really have gotten far into development. No idea why they cut it
That would explain the second Jynx cry (which has the same reverb as mega evolutions) found in the data of Home.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have decided that regardless of what comes from this Pokémon gigaleak, it will have zero impact on my Legends: Z-A bingo card. I'll only accept officially released info.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have decided that regardless of what comes from this Pokémon gigaleak, it will have zero impact on my Legends: Z-A bingo card. I'll only accept officially released info.
Fair but also if the rumors are true, original leaker said main story is 100% done and side quests are about 50%. So most of the game should be locked in. Which would make some sense if they are taking a few months to a year to polish graphics or whatever else, and if Gen 10 actually has some work physically done for it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nikoderiko: The Magical World out tomorrow!

Nintendo would rather rerelease an old Donkey Kong game and Activision would rather cancel a Crash Bandicoot game so I'm giving my money to someone who really cares.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After addressing the allegations, it’s been announced that Mega Typhlosion has been removed from Legends-ZA.

Silph Co International put out the following statement:

“We are deeply disgusted to see the felonies undertaken by Typhlosion. We at Silph Co do not approve of any type of behavior like this. We will no longer be working with Typhlosion going forwarded and will instead be working exclusively with Macargo instead; the superior Johto fire type.”

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rumor has it that Nintendo is producing a new wave of GameCube controllers.

Oh boy! I think I know exactly which gaming community will think this actually means something...
Super Mario Sunshine, of course!

The 3D All-Stars version of the game re-enables the analog controls for FLUDD if it detects you're using a GameCube controller, fun fact.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some people are thinking the GameCube controller rumor things could mean GameCube NSO

I say that's a big no. Nintendo clearly prefers to remaster GC games than give us ports all willy nilly. And it can't be the NSO Playtest because if its rumored file size is true, it'll only be enough for just two GC games (remember that file sizes of GC games are significantly larger than anything previous NSO consoles offer).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Egads...despite my best efforts to avoid the leaks, I did hear about, ahem, Typhlosion.

Pain. So much pain.
they truly are Game Freak for a reason
What if instead of Typhlosion it was called Typhlofreak and instead of spamming Choice Scarf Eruption it got all Loki with the ladies
you had me at Typhlofreak
False:
It’s for the Super Mario 3D Land remake.
you joke, but I would be so ****ing down for a 3D Land remake

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was in the Halloween spirit. Decided to rewatch Death Battle episodes of Sabrewulf VS Jon Talbain, Jason Voorhees VS Michael Myers and Scooby-Doo VS Courage.

Gonna be watching Thanksgiving (2023) soon.

Shroob

Sup?
Me? A gen 2 stan?

Nah man, you gotta me mistaking me for someone else. Ain't no way I'm stannin' a gen with Typhlosion in it.

Not after the Twitter doc callout.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is why I hate cancel culture. You make one tiny mistake several millennia ago in an era of legend, and then one day when everyone has forgotten about it the twitter mob digs it up and decides they want to use it ruin your life forever! Smh.

#IStandWithTyphlosion

Last edited:
Top Bottom