• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I got Michael Keaton's Batman and Animated Series Batman for Bruce's Costumes, getting the best outfits for him. Although i feel like the game missed out on giving Michael Keaton's Batmans Costume his own voice, i know keaton is too expensive but they should've hired a soundalike to help differ the 1987 batman costume a little.

Something i also wish for Joker if he gets Jack Nicholson, Heath Fledgier, and Joaquin Phoenix based costumes too.
I wish the same for musical Beetlejuice and I can at least see Alex Brightman voicing that skin

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I did struggle to see how the PPG could all be one character, but I'm glad they came up with something that doesn't feel too clunky. I think the PPG's ability to fly helped with that.

Usually, I only support characters fighting together as one if one of the characters doesn't have enough moveset potential on their own, and/or the characters can reasonably be placed near each other without it feeling awkward. Like, I'd be upset if Mordecai & Rigby were placed together, because it'd feel awkward, and cause there's enough stuff in Regular Show to give them each a moveset. But I think Hi-Five Ghost should assist Muscle Man, cause he can easily float beside Muscle Man and fly after him when he gets hit.
Why would it feel awkward to have Mordo & Riggs together? they have good potential for some duo attacks such as Death Punchies, The Power, and Maybe have Mordecai throw Rigby like a ball onto a trampoline for extra speed to hit opponents into a wall(referencing the bean burrito scene).

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nubia stream is almost here.

I won’t be typing everything out this time due to other events. I apologize for this.

That said, there is one thing I will mention:

Like Beetlejuice, Nubia will have a 3 day early access period where she will only be available for Gleam/Real money bundle (and character tickets for those who still have them)

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

im astonished.

i forget about it. gosh.

its whacky.

i save it in my mind until i can play it. i havent played it.

what do you think of it?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Of course nubia’s trailer ends with “read the comics that tell her story” because nobody knows who she is! I think the fact that she’s existed since 1973 and yet has never been used outside the comics, despite ample dc media since then where she could have been used, speaks to how unimportant she is. She should have just been a skin for Diana.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Of course nubia’s trailer ends with “read the comics that tell her story” because nobody knows who she is! I think the fact that she’s existed since 1973 and yet has never been used outside the comics, despite ample dc media since then where she could have been used, speaks to how unimportant she is. She should have just been a skin for Diana.
Joker trailer end with the same message.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nubia is voiced by Kimberly Brooks. Other WB characters she has voiced are Jasper from Steven Universe, Bumblebee and Batwoman from DC and MeeMee from Dexter's lab.
She also voices Luna, one of the Hex Girls from Scooby Doo.

Other works she has done outside WB include South Park, Subnautica Below Zero, and Psychonauts 2.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Joker trailer end with the same message.
Yeah this is a thing DC have been doing with a bunch of their stuff for a while now.

1728928381411.png

Unless of course we want to insist no one knows about the Justice League or Aquaman

1728928458915.png

Complaining about this with Nubia reads incredibly poorly.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What is everyone’s thoughts on the testing grounds?

Will be on Thursdays and allow testing future changes (such as shields).

Faso115

Smash Lord
It sounds interesting. As an overwatch player i'm used to do testing so i welcome for MVS, also allows them to engage with the community. HOWEVER, the community sometimes...doesn't even know what they want. I'll take most feedback with a grain of salt as many people just want smash bros instead of MVS

Also, doesn't that make Steven's gimmick worse? Or better?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Also, doesn't that make Steven's gimmick worse? Or better?
Steven will still be the only character who can shield midair (without summoning a platform like Marvin’s or Morty‘s ship, ect,) and he will still be the only character who also protects their teammate by shielding. It’ll still be useful, especially in doubles.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they're working on implementing Shields, please let the next thing they work on be tilts.

I know after this they're gonna be working on variable jump heights and I think they mentioned something else but I just want tilts. And supers.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Well at the very least, the read the comics part are definitely gonna show up again two more times.

Also of course they already hinting at season 4 BP character, which we already know. I'm more curious who is the second one. Please be Dexter...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly what gets me most about Nubia is moreso that she's getting in before some infinitely more iconic characters who absolutely should have been here since the beginning: Daffy, Scooby, and imo most importantly Fred Flintstone. I don't mind them picking some obscure characters but can we get in the faces that should be here first?

We need to get these guys in sooner rather than later because this game might not be around for as long as they think it will, and adding picks like this, BG, and even Adam this early are just asking for the game to be wrapped up.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think it's looking more and more likely Freddy Kruger is coming sooner than anyone thinks. There was another (possible) hint at hint today

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People mentioned the other DC characters, but Beetlejuice's gameplay trailer literally ended with a Beetlejuice Beetlejuice ad. It's a Multiversus thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally don't see it myself, but they told people to "keep an eye on the background" , which was the same red and black checkerd pattern they've been using a lot lately
Doesn't Marceline wear a plaid flannel lmao.

Like yeah there were OTHER hints for Freddy in the past but pretty much everything is pointing to Marceline.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I know she had some code in the data, but I feel like she'd probably end up having to be a separate character or something given how different in build she is from Finn. Semi-clone, maybe?
Iirc Papagenos and others did imply this was what they where considering going with, but that was like two years ago so.

Last edited:
Fionna should probably get her own slot since she has a drastically different body type from Finn and she got her own show that's been largely successful. She'd sell more cosmetics on her own than competing with Finn too.

Also, PFG better make the shield thing a perk like they're currently considering. This isn't Smash, shields being a universal mechanic would be a garbage decision especially when now they have to add at least 62 grab animations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom