• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Fionna should probably get her own slot since she has a drastically different body type from Finn and she got her own show that's been largely successful. She'd sell more cosmetics on her own than competing with Finn too.

Also, PFG better make the shield thing a perk like they're currently considering. This isn't Smash, shields being a universal mechanic would be a garbage decision especially when now they have to add at least 62 grab animations.
Who says grabs need to be the counterplay to shields? You can do something else.

This game drastically needs more defensive options than dodging and parrying because of the overly-generous size and range of hitboxes.

Who says grabs need to be the counterplay to shields? You can do something else.

This game drastically needs more defensive options than dodging and parrying because of the overly-generous size and range of hitboxes.
If you add block as a universal mechanic, universal grabs are the only thing that works. It's fighting game 101. Trying to take shortcuts will just be a long drawn out mess that will likely end in PFG conceding and adding grabs anyway.

Oooor you can make hitboxes have actual lag and make the dodges/parry work how they're supposed to. Shields should not be universal, that's a lazy terrible solution when Brawlhalla and Rivals proved you can have a game with crazy kits and still manage without shields. MVS shouldn't have its identity shot just because it isn't Smash. Make shields a perk or don't add them at all.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If you add block as a universal mechanic, universal grabs are the only thing that works. It's fighting game 101. Trying to take shortcuts will just be a long drawn out mess that will likely end in PFG conceding and adding grabs anyway.

Oooor you can make hitboxes have actual lag and make the dodges/parry work how they're supposed to. Shields should not be universal, that's a lazy terrible solution when Brawlhalla and Rivals proved you can have a game with crazy kits and still manage without shields. MVS shouldn't have its identity shot just because it isn't Smash. Make shields a perk or don't add them at all.
I say wait until we see how Blocking interacts with Armor break moves, because if Armor break moves work against blocks, it becomes a mind game on whether your opponent is going to use a regular move or an armor break move. For stuff like Shaggy and Jack's Side-B moves, those can be easily predicted and blocked accordingly. It's trickier when your opponent decides to get in close and you need to predict whether they use a jab or an armor break move.

I say wait until we see how Blocking interacts with Armor break moves, because if Armor break moves work against blocks, it becomes a mind game on whether your opponent is going to use a regular move or an armor break move. For stuff like Shaggy and Jack's Side-B moves, those can be easily predicted and blocked accordingly. It's trickier when your opponent decides to get in close and you need to predict whether they use a jab or an armor break move.
Either way, blocking would work better as a perk. Just add it as something that replaces grounded neutral dodge or whatever. That's a better compromise without overcentralizing the mechanic and removing MVS' identity. The people who want shields can have shields and the ones that don't won't have to use them - all while still adding depth in counterplay + neutral especially if shields don't work any different than WW's armor.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Maintenance mode will start at 11 am est tomorrow.

Maybe the patch notes will explain how blocking works. If not, then maybe the mode will have a description on what is potentially being added and how it works?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Maintenance mode will start at 11 am est tomorrow.

Maybe the patch notes will explain how blocking works. If not, then maybe the mode will have a description on what is potentially being added and how it works?
So by what I've been hearing, blocking isn't being added just yet. There will apparently be something similar to Overwatch's Public Test Server or whatever it was called that allows players to test out upcoming features and blocking will be in that mode to allow players to test blocking out before it is added to the main game.

Either way regardless, once again best to wait until after Maintenance mode before starting up Multiversus just to be on the safe side from any potential bugs.

Last edited:
This game isn't lasting another year if it forsakes its identity to try and become a ****tier knock off Smash Bros in a genre filled with games that share the issue of being too similar to Smash. The majority of players that want that are going to eventually go back to Smash and never look back, especially once it gets another installment. Either that or Rivals 2.

And a large chunk of MVS' most committed playerbase will be put off and leave if their game just becomes a full on variant of Smash. I've seen nothing but begging to not put shields in. Make it a perk otherwise this game's cooked for having backwards priorities.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This game isn't lasting another year if it forsakes its identity to try and become a ****tier knock off Smash Bros in a genre filled with games that share the issue of being too similar to Smash. The majority of players that want that are going to eventually go back to Smash and never look back, especially once it gets another installment. Either that or Rivals 2.

And a large chunk of MVS' most committed playerbase will be put off and leave if their game just becomes a full on variant of Smash. I've seen nothing but begging to not put shields in. Make it a perk otherwise this game's cooked for having backwards priorities.
This game has a lot of backward priorities but I've literally never heard anyone complain about the most basic defensive option that every fighting game in general should have. Brawlhalla is a freaking awful game and I won't hear it used an an example of a game that "works without blocking"

There's nothing wrong with being "more like Smash" - it's a tried and true formula for a reason. Yes, changing up some core aspects can work if done with grace and care but it's very clear this dev team is not qualified to do that. NASB2 works so amazingly well because the things it adds compliment the existing Smash formula, not take away from it. Right now Multiversus is just a less competent Smash with MOBA elements and it is not to the game's benefit. Some of the characters are fun for sure but the core itself is rotten and needs fundamental changes to make it be better. In it's effort to be different from Smash it lost all sight of what makes Smash so engaging both from gameplay and as a spectator sport. It's clunky, it's slow, jabs are blatantly overpowered and every character hs some sort of degenerate bull**** that makes them unfun to play against. Don't even get me started on the baffling decision to not have friendly fire in doubles.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Warning Issued
Fionna should probably get her own slot since she has a drastically different body type from Finn and she got her own show that's been largely successful. She'd sell more cosmetics on her own than competing with Finn too.

Also, PFG better make the shield thing a perk like they're currently considering. This isn't Smash, shields being a universal mechanic would be a garbage decision especially when now they have to add at least 62 grab animations.
Posts like this make me wish there was a dislike button on this platform.

Like I think you’re wrong. And I want to let you know that. But I don’t have much to say about it other than “I disagree” so making a response feels excessive.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You lost me here. Why would doubles need friendly fire? Especially when it's so common for all four players to be huddled together in a fight pile, it'd be too easy to kill your teammate.
That's precisely the point. It makes you have to actually think about your spacing and where you throw out attacks so that two or more players can't just dogpile each other. It's additional stategy and there's a reason that competitive Smash has used it in doubles for years.

Every single doubles match of Multiversus I've played boils down to "when one person loses a stock, gang up on the other guy on their team because there's no reason not too since it makes it much harder for them to play defensively and you can easily rack up damage on them to make killing them easier"

It's not fun, it's not intuitive, it's spammy nonsense that punishes both members of a team beyond the stock loss when one person dies.

Last edited:
This game has a lot of backward priorities but I've literally never heard anyone complain about the most basic defensive option that every fighting game in general should have. Brawlhalla is a freaking awful game and I won't hear it used an an example of a game that "works without blocking"

There's nothing wrong with being "more like Smash" - it's a tried and true formula for a reason. Yes, changing up some core aspects can work if done with grace and care but it's very clear this dev team is not qualified to do that. NASB2 works so amazingly well because the things it adds compliment the existing Smash formula, not take away from it. Right now Multiversus is just a less competent Smash with MOBA elements and it is not to the game's benefit. Some of the characters are fun for sure but the core itself is rotten and needs fundamental changes to make it be better. In it's effort to be different from Smash it lost all sight of what makes Smash so engaging both from gameplay and as a spectator sport. It's clunky, it's slow, jabs are blatantly overpowered and every character hs some sort of degenerate bull**** that makes them unfun to play against. Don't even get me started on the baffling decision to not have friendly fire in doubles.
Brawlhalla did something right if it got a playerbase, low and high level. Like it or hate it, it carved its niche despite being a lower quality game with divisive visuals and ideals. Multiversus has been designed day 1 without block, shoehorning it now for the sole purpose of appealing to Smash players despite the loads of other valid solutions is gonna be infuriating.

There's a lot wrong with forcing a game to be like Smash when a big appeal of Multiversus is that it's nothing seen before, it was consistently described as an advantage for the game and how it could break out. Copying Smash is exactly why the genre will never grow. Smash players can and will just play Smash, appealing to them has consistently proven to be a wasted effort. NASB 2 tried omega hard to appeal to Smash players even in its moveset design and none of the players even bother to visit the game and its community anymore. Forcing in a block system will not change your judgement of it being a "less competent Smash", it only enforces it when it's going to play identically to Smash: putting itself in Smash's shadow rather than carve its own niche.

You complaining of friendly fire of all things when MVS has consistently provided an in depth system that works for it further proves why MVS needs to do its own thing.

Posts like this make me wish there was a dislike button on this platform.

Like I think you’re wrong. And I want to let you know that. But I don’t have much to say about it other than “I disagree” so making a response feels excessive.
Lol. That's how I felt about half of your takes, specifically with what the game "needs" and your takes on Nubia, lmao. It is what it is, MVS doesn't need tilts or shields.

That's precisely the point. It makes you have to actually think about your spacing and where you throw out attacks so that two or more players can't just dogpile each other. It's additional stategy and there's a reason that competitive Smash has used it in doubles for years.
That works for Smash Bros, not for Multiversus. Multiversus has entire moves meant to interact off of "hitting" your partner, their toolkits synergize far too well with 2s to throw that all off with forced team attack just because "Smash did it".

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That works for Smash Bros, not for Multiversus. Multiversus has entire moves meant to interact off of "hitting" your partner, their toolkits synergize far too well with 2s to throw that all off with forced team attack just because "Smash did it".
Bull**** and you know it. Half of the teammate elements are related to the worthless MOBA trash and provide too little a tangible benefit to be worth it. Besides that, they literally already have the tools to make attacks function differently when hitting your partner because that's how they already function in the game. I editted the previous comment: It's not because Smash did it, it's because it provides a blatantly unfun experience to players because the moment their teammate dies both members of the enemy team dogpile them with spam. If the characters had competent move design to begin with they would not need buffs, debuffs, status ailments and the like. Team synergy in Smash is a thing too; Mega Man and Snake are a particularly potent team because their moves, individually designed for their own kits, function well together. Samus and Ness work together great too because Samus can constantly provide Ness with a heal at any point. You absolutely can build movesets without making things overly complicated.

Last edited:
Bull**** and you know it. Half of the teammate elements are related to the worthless MOBA trash and provide too little a tangible benefit to be worth it. Besides that, they literally already have the tools to make attacks function differently when hitting your partner because that's how they already function in the game. I editted the previous comment: It's not because Smash did it, it's because it provides a blatantly unfun experience to players because the moment their teammate dies both members of the enemy team dogpile them with spam.
Nope. Gizmo's up B becoming a completely new move when it lands on an ally and Taz's dogpile move becoming bigger and stronger if a player joins in by throwing themselves in the dogpile are two of many cases of MVS' team format having more intentional depth and focus Smash doubles ever will. Smash doubles are still good and offer its own depth but not the same way with the game blatantly not being designed for twos. Your criticism also makes zero sense, your partner dying: leaving you in a disadvantageous terrible spot is bound to happen, it's happened before in other plat fighters. "Dogpiled by spam" is such a nothing complaint lmao. A lot of Smash duos can do cheesy set ups and combos too.

Friendly fire is never coming to this game nor should it ever come. MVS has carved its own niche and doubles appreciation, backpedaling on that would be nonsense.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's not even talking about Wonder Woman's Armor giving special that gives armor to her and her ally, which is absolutely a gamechanger because it's a free 1-time no-hitstun while it lasts.

Last edited:
That's not even talking about Wonder Woman's Armor giving special that gives armor to her and her ally, which is absolutely a gamechanger because it's a free 1-time no-hitstun while it lasts.
Also the fact that her lasso is explicitly made to give armor and pull an ally to safety. Much more interesting than if it were friendly fire where there's no unique interaction between her friend and foes. All would just get the exact same hit effect. For a game like this that's boring.

I think the game does need tilts and shields. And grabs and throws. And supers. It’s just more attacks that you can use. That’s a good thing.
More attacks isn't always a good thing. Especially when you're trying to demand them to release more than 2 characters a season lmao. Characters would never come out in a timely manner that's acceptable for a live service game if they bloated their kits and dev time required to make such a kit.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also the fact that her lasso is explicitly made to give armor and pull an ally to safety. Much more interesting than if it were friendly fire where there's no unique interaction between her friend and foes. All would just get the exact same hit effect. For a game like this that's boring.

More attacks isn't always a good thing. Especially when you're trying to demand them to release more than 2 characters a season lmao. Characters would never come out in a timely manner that's acceptable for a live service game if they bloated their kits and dev time required to make such a kit.
So the game shouldn’t have basic features most other games of this type have just because it makes it so they can pump out characters quicker. I don’t think those priorities are in order.

So the game shouldn’t have basic features most other games of this type have just because it makes it so they can pump out characters quicker. I don’t think those priorities are in order.
Multiversus isn't Smash. Loads of fighting games have more or less moves than one another. MVS is no different nor was it designed to have those "basic features". Especially when, again, you hate the 2 character release format despite it being faster than any other fighting game. You can't have your cake and eat it too, one of the main reasons MVS has a faster release schedule than any other fighter is strictly from the characters being smaller in scope.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think this is a cool concept for a new fighting dynamic to have armor breaking move to break shield instead of grab unlike other fighting games, but if you want to implement this you still have to change a lot of the characters moveset because not everyone have armor breaking move so you would need to rework a lot of the characters moveset, if not every moveset, which is arguably as much work as just implementing grab at this point.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I agree that friendly fire is best left out of MVS but I don't think a basic forward/back throw or blocking/shielding would destroy it's "identity." Especially when it's identity among plat fighters is "the half-baked, predatory, awkward to play one."

Granted I don't think MVS absolutely needs grabs or blocking either, but I'm open to PFG doing some experimentation. The game's been slowly getting better, I say let them figure out what works and add it if player reception is positive.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
getting annoyed and persuade by the doom posting "game won't last a year" posts again.

i'd rather talk about trying to continue supporting the game and trying to keep it alive than saying it won't.

I agree that friendly fire is best left out of MVS but I don't think a basic forward/back throw or blocking/shielding would destroy it's "identity." Especially when it's identity among plat fighters is "the half-baked, predatory, awkward to play one."

Granted I don't think MVS absolutely needs grabs or blocking either, but I'm open to PFG doing some experimentation. The game's been slowly getting better, I say let them figure out what works and add it if player reception is positive.
That's just blatantly dishonest lmao. Platform fighters are filled with shovelware and low quality games it's part of the reason the genre wasn't taken seriously for a while. There's plenty of half baked plat fighters with some being awkward to play. Multiversus as an identity was "the 2v2 platform fighter" with it doing bold and new things for a while. From the extensive voice acting to mechanics and moves that not even actual fighting games really tried doing. MVS is much more unique without shields and was designed without them day -1. Trying to put them in is sloppy and regressing everything the game was building towards for no good reason.

Plus, the point is to express opinions and feedback on these features. And since Ajax already confirmed they're considering if they should make it a perk or not, of course I'm gonna express heavily pushing it as a perk. Blocking only works as a perk, it's the best compromise for a feature that has such divided player reception.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's just blatantly dishonest lmao. Platform fighters are filled with shovelware and low quality games it's part of the reason the genre wasn't taken seriously for a while. There's plenty of half baked plat fighters with some being awkward to play. Multiversus as an identity was "the 2v2 platform fighter" with it doing bold and new things for a while. From the extensive voice acting to mechanics and moves that not even actual fighting games really tried doing. MVS is much more unique without shields and was designed without them day -1. Trying to put them in is sloppy and regressing everything the game was building towards for no good reason.

Plus, the point is to express opinions and feedback on these features. And since Ajax already confirmed they're considering if they should make it a perk or not, of course I'm gonna express heavily pushing it as a perk. Blocking only works as a perk, it's the best compromise for a feature that has such divided player reception.
There are definitely worse plat fighters, but I still think MVS launched in a poor state and continues to be underwhelming and sloppily handled. There are no shortage of people who share that opinion and have their own criticisms of the game. Where's the dishonesty in expressing that opinion?

I'll give you the 2v2 thing, (despite the decreased emphasis on it) but both "identities" can be true at the same time.

The game has gotten significantly better and I'm happy for that. I want to see it continue to improve, but we'll have agree to disagree on the game's quality and partially agree on the mechanical direction.

As I said, I don't think the game needs grabs or blocking either but I'm open to the implementation if they can make it work.

There are definitely worse plat fighters, but I still think MVS launched in a poor state and continues to be underwhelming and sloppily handled. There are no shortage of people who share that opinion and have their own criticisms of the game. Where's the dishonesty in expressing that opinion?

I'll give you the 2v2 thing, (despite the decreased emphasis on it) but both "identities" can be true at the same time.

The game has gotten significantly better and I'm happy for that. I want to see it continue to improve, but we'll have agree to disagree on the game's quality and partially agree on the mechanical direction.

As I said, I don't think the game needs grabs or blocking either but I'm open to the implementation if they can make it work.
I agree. You will never see me defending launch MVS, I hated the Rift garbage I got heated over it in this thread a little bit. Us having to wait months for features that were in the beta is laughable. It's identity being the half baked and awkward plat fighter just isn't true though. At most it could also take the title for the predatory plat fighter but 2v2 was always MVS' claim to fame. It felt dishonest from you to claim MVS was the special half baked plat fighter in a genre full of half baked products.

Despite that, I find MVS' core foundation promising. The game shifting away from that and trying to be more like Smash with stuff like shields really grinds my gears. I already dealt with one plat fighter giving up a lot of fun in favor of trying too hard to pander to Smash players, I do not need another.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Multiversus isn't Smash. Loads of fighting games have more or less moves than one another. MVS is no different nor was it designed to have those "basic features". Especially when, again, you hate the 2 character release format despite it being faster than any other fighting game. You can't have your cake and eat it too, one of the main reasons MVS has a faster release schedule than any other fighter is strictly from the characters being smaller in scope.
You have yet to give a reason as to why being different from Smash makes it a good game.

NASB2 was a great game. It was also more like Smash than it's predecessor. Multiversus will always have a place in the platfighter ring purely due to accessibility with being F2P

Being built around 2v2 is an issue in that it creates an ouroboros of balancing problems, seeing as you now have to balance everything around the doubles format which the devs are clearly not capable of doing. Balancing around 1v1 is the much healthier option for competitive play and a path of less resistance.

They absolutely can have a move have different functionalities based on whether it connects with a teammate or enemy. Again, this is literally already in the game. Better yet, they could create more cohesive complete move sets with more variety instead of making every match fishing for jab to start a combo.

This exact kind of problem exists because of the need to make every character interact with a teammate. Every character in this game has some sort of unfun degenerate nonsense that makes fighting them annoying. Tracking moves, negation of core mechanics, stupid overly complex status ailments that run the gamut of blatantly overpowered to borderline useless - they're more obsessed with being different than making a fun game to play. For every inspired moveset like Jason, Beetlejuice, or Smith, we have characters stacking up cool downs like it's League of Legends.

Copying Smash isn't a problem if you make it with quality. There are ways that Rivals and NASB2 outdo their inspiration. But then there's games that try to be too different - PlayStation All Stars, anyone?

You have yet to give a reason as to why being different from Smash makes it a good game.

NASB2 was a great game. It was also more like Smash than it's predecessor. Multiversus will always have a place in the platfighter ring purely due to accessibility with being F2P

Being built around 2v2 is an issue in that it creates an ouroboros of balancing problems, seeing as you now have to balance everything around the doubles format which the devs are clearly not capable of doing. Balancing around 1v1 is the much healthier option for competitive play and a path of less resistance.

They absolutely can have a move have different functionalities based on whether it connects with a teammate or enemy. Again, this is literally already in the game. Better yet, they could create more cohesive complete move sets with more variety instead of making every match fishing for jab to start a combo.
Because it brings something new and exciting than just the same old same old? It makes the game more likely to stand out and obtain a whole new slew of players? (Which is exactly what happened. A lot of people who never played plat fighters were willing to try MVS over Rivals or NASB). And I'm sick and tired of games always needing to try and copy Melee Fox shine or Falcon knee or whatever. Or needing to force in wavedashing for the billionth time. The novelty and magic's gone, I want to see the plat fighter genre grow.

NASB2 was also a game that was instantly forgotten, is pretty much a financial failure from all the layoffs and created a bunch of bland missed potential in movesets since they designed characters around Melee and Ultimate players rather than doing anything cool or new with them. Which sucks since I liked NASB and wanted to see it thrive. But objectively, it did not thrive. MVS should be nothing like NASB lmao. And no, F2P alone isn't enough, MVS would run into the problem a lot of other plat fighters did: why play this when you can play Smash? Especially if it's significantly less polished than Smash or even Rivals? Multiversus would have no future trying to force a Smash approach, alienating the audience it DID get for its own merits. Smash players have already proven to swiftly abandon games at a moment's notice since they can always just play Smash to get their fix. There were other F2P Smash-likes that flopped or became extremely niche so F2P isn't the end all be all. Brawlhalla was the exception to the norm.

Not really, the issue isn't 2v2. That's blatantly false. The problem comes from the simple fact that PFG isn't too experienced with fighting games and their QA team is tiny, with the game being glitchy and rushed to boot. A lot of balancing problems would easily be fixed if they were fast enough to get their hitboxes in order already.

Your suggestion of how to handle your team attack idea is naive and a coding nightmare. And it defeats the entire point of team attack if certain moves just flat out won't hurt an ally anyway despite team attack being on by default. It's stupid and just a pure half measure. Either make them all team attack or don't do it at all. This wishy washy stuff would just frustrate more people than anything since their signature huge tools can't work with an ally without hitting them but this character magically can. It'd become total nonsense. And the movesets literally are cohesive lol, the biggest praise for MVS are the movesets. Jabs are used the most because they're overtuned, it happens, it's not the fault of the entire moveset concepts. Cohesion is there just with jabs being too strong.

This exact kind of problem exists because of the need to make every character interact with a teammate. Every character in this game has some sort of unfun degenerate nonsense that makes fighting them annoying. Tracking moves, negation of core mechanics, stupid overly complex status ailments that run the gamut of blatantly overpowered to borderline useless - they're more obsessed with being different than making a fun game to play. For every inspired moveset like Jason, Beetlejuice, or Smith, we have characters stacking up cool downs like it's League of Legends.
Genuinely who cares if they're stacking up cooldowns or statuses or whatever. That's a non issue and brought a lot of depth and manageable uniqueness to the game. I wish Smash thought of mechanics that made more of an effort to balance a lot of their bull**** characters. I will happily deal with Gizmo cooldowns and ammo system if the alternative is Young Link spamming fast and infinite flame arrows that combos to his lagless moves. Characters will always be annoying to fight even Smash and the """Smash copies""", they're filled to the brim with characters that players crashed out over. Singling out MVS for that is silly and reeks of bad faith criticism.

Copying Smash isn't a problem if you make it with quality. There are ways that Rivals and NASB2 outdo their inspiration. But then there's games that try to be too different - PlayStation All Stars, anyone?
It is a problem if you want to have worthwhile growth to the genre and an actual big playerbase. MVS lives or dies by its money revenue. It will not survive if it got a NASB tier audience from doing dumb **** akin to desperately chasing Smash players. The fact that Brawlhalla of all games consistently maintained a massive playerbase even when Ultimate was existing is the kind of goal MVS should be chasing than the niche discord fighter tier audiences.

The vast majority actually have fun with MVS and its dodge ideas unlike Playstation All Stars. If they weren't and wanted the game to be overhauled into a Smash wannabe, the shield mechanic wouldn't have such a large outcry.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Why would it feel awkward to have Mordo & Riggs together? they have good potential for some duo attacks such as Death Punchies, The Power, and Maybe have Mordecai throw Rigby like a ball onto a trampoline for extra speed to hit opponents into a wall(referencing the bean burrito scene).
Basically you'd have to either have Rigby riding on Mordecai (which he never really does except in Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers), or make them like the Ice Climbers (which wouldn't work as well cause they'd have different hurtboxes). Or you could make them like the Angry Beavers, but I think you're better off just making them their own characters at that point because they'd mostly have their own movesets.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is tangentially related to Mordecai and Rigby - but I kinda hope the dev team would go back to the doubles concept from the beta.

Since the launch, we only get a single character per new franchise or newcomers from the series who already have 2+ characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nobody outside of the British Isles uses that word, dude.
that's where your wrong. plaid is used most just in north america. but plaid actually refers to a length of tartan cloth. more to the point there's a Tartan Day outside of brtain. so that's claim of yours is objectively wrong

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is tangentially related to Mordecai and Rigby - but I kinda hope the dev team would go back to the doubles concept from the beta.

Since the launch, we only get a single character per new franchise or newcomers from the series who already have 2+ characters.
I mean, they kind of did with Nubia, as the trailer literally showcase her fighting alongside WW and the team stated in the livestream how cool she is when teaming up with WW.

But I think it's mostly coincidental that the franchise they worked with in beta worked well with the duo concept (Finn and Jake, Steven and a gems, Scooby-Doo having 5 main characters, Looney Tunes having a big cast) while the franchise they add post beta work fine alone (Friday the 13th, Beetlejuice, Samurai Jack and PPG, while the latter 2 you could make a case for a vilain rep, they're not really duo in the same way that the beta franchise where). I'm sure we'll see more duo in the long run like Scorpion and Sub-Zero, Grim and Billy/Mandy, or the Teen titans cast.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think Trios tend to be more complicated, which can end in a situation like PPG where you shove them all into one slot.

However, i don't expect nor i want them to do that for future trios. If Animaniacs or Ed, Edd and Eddy have to share a slot, they should be different somehow.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I mean, they kind of did with Nubia, as the trailer literally showcase her fighting alongside WW and the team stated in the livestream how cool she is when teaming up with WW.

But I think it's mostly coincidental that the franchise they worked with in beta worked well with the duo concept (Finn and Jake, Steven and a gems, Scooby-Doo having 5 main characters, Looney Tunes having a big cast) while the franchise they add post beta work fine alone (Friday the 13th, Beetlejuice, Samurai Jack and PPG, while the latter 2 you could make a case for a vilain rep, they're not really duo in the same way that the beta franchise where). I'm sure we'll see more duo in the long run like Scorpion and Sub-Zero, Grim and Billy/Mandy, or the Teen titans cast.
Mordecai and Rigby are two characters highly requested enough that I could see them both taking up one season. Mordo to start, Rigby mid season, with the overarching Rifts storyline being Mordecai traveling the multiverse to find Rigby and then face off against alternate versions of themselves, which sounds like a plot from the show.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
but plaid actually refers to
The issue with you comes down to things like this. You literally admitted a sentence before this that it's a regional thing as far as what it refers to. There's no "actually" about it. You aren't any more or less correct than someone calling the "tartan" pattern plaid, and yet you write as though you think you are. You can't force your way upon the world at large.

I think this is just a consequence of wanting to get as many WB franchises in the game to start with as they can. Down the road I definitely expect more double dipping. I know I'd love multiple Wizard of Oz characters as one example (especially since, discounting whatever they make the Wicked Witch, the main quartet would each coincidentally fill each of the four archetypes: Dorothy as a Mage, Scarecrow as an Assassin, Tin Man as a Tank, and the Cowardly Lion as a Bruiser).

I think Trios tend to be more complicated, which can end in a situation like PPG where you shove them all into one slot.

However, i don't expect nor i want them to do that for future trios. If Animaniacs or Ed, Edd and Eddy have to share a slot, they should be different somehow.
Don't worry, they literally can't be the same as the PPG. Animaniacs and the Eds don't share the exact same shape and power concepts unlike PPG who share core abilities and looks. Toons and slapstick characters will inherently be different in design than small superpowered girls.

Top Bottom